1.9.0.0.3635 Possible Casualty Selection Error

• Anyone else ever had an issue with casualty selector?  I’ll post save file, but basically what happened was defender rolled dice mid battle, got 5 hits, Japan was prompted for selecting only 1 hit, then rolling continued for next round.  It appeared as though the engine auto-selected the other casualties (this was an issue cause japan would have preferred killing planes that could not land rather than ships that were selected).  I’m not 100% I didn’t make a human error but thought I would share in case others have noticed an issue like this.

Thanks.

• The process of casualty selection is by default very automated and really quick sometimes. In the engine settings you can slow down the procedure (Engine Preferences - Combat - set “confirm” options to true) to have more control and better verify what happens.

Also you can use the “show history” feature (in the Game menu) to watch everything that happened. This way you can review the selection.

Also you are using an old TripleA-version … you might want to use the latest stable from http://triplea-game.org/download/

So please test these ideas - and in case you experience issues again, please provide a savegame. Then we can look into it.

Thank you :-)

• Thanks, here is the save file.

gameforforumreview.tsvg

• I have looked into the game. I could not identify any abnormality, though.
    In the respective battle casualties have been chosen (technically) correctly.

Because you report that casualties might have been selected automatically and in a way you did not intend, I suspect that the following might have occurred:

As you have played a game “Human” vs. “Human” (not involving an AI) you will always be prompted for casualty selection in case there is a choice between different units. Indeed, TripleA follows its own logic when suggesting how to assign hits. For example it will always damage capital ships before taking out units - and when taking out units it will take out units with a lower defense value rather than with a higher defense value, or prefer to take out cheaper over more expensive units - I don’t know the exact logic, however. Many times this logic appears to be adequate, but there are situations where you would prefer other selections, for sure.

Anyway it looks like you might have accepted those suggestions in the heat of the battle by confirming them. At least that is what happens to me from time to time, when I do some testing “Human” vs. “Human”.

So for now I would really recommend you to “speed down” the game by following the above tips.

Please report back, in case you experience similar situations.

Enjoy gaming :-)

• ok, thanks for the replies.  I cannot say 100% that I did not make the human error youre suggesting so that could be it.

• Don’t forget you can always edit in and out units manually to the game using the “Edit Mode”. This way you can ‘correct’ any errors that might occur to you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m