• Hi !

I’m want to ask about a sea combat question;

At combat movement phase, the battleship wants to attack to the sub and using 1 movement point and enter the sea zone where inside the sub stay , then sub uses it’s ability and submerging.So, there’s no combat occurs.Thus can battleship use it’s remaining 1 move point and pass another sea zone ?

• Hi TRONOR

Welcome to the forum.

You are right that the sub can choose to submerge as the battleship is not accompanied by a destroyer.

Two other rules are relevant:

1. A sub does not render a sz hostile, which means that enemy naval units can move through the sz at will in either the combat or non combat move stage.

2. However any unit that engages in combat cannot take a further move.

So in your example the battleship can either ignore the sub or it can engage the sub in combat. It cannot engage and when combat is declined continue as if combat had not been offered.

I hope that is clear?

Cheers
    PP ☺

• I understand with these your clear expression, many thanks.
    But as I understand correctly, at this example after the sub submerging, if my battleship chooses to finish it’s remaining 1 point movement claim at combat movement phase, then it can’t use another movement claim at non combat movement phase, right ?

• That is right, Tronor.

If you are the owner of the Battleship, you should just sail through the Sea Zone onto the next one, ignoring the Sub. You are not obliged to sink it. Ignore it.  It is obvious the Sub owner will submerge, as it has only a tiny chance of surviving and sinking the Battleship, even with its first shot  attack. He is better off attacking you, on his turn, on his terms.
    Enjoy your new game.

• My old pal Witt is right.

Only air units are able to move in both combat and non combat. All others can only do one or the other.

The air difference allows them to land in a territory controlled at the start of your turn. Ground units stay in the newly captured terriunits

Hope you are enjoying the game?

• I understand perfect with your precious helps…
    I enjoy my new game rather than computer games.It’s pure analog and doesn’t disappear when pulling the electric plug.
    But i’m learning slowly, trying to understand what logic behind the rules.

As you say about air units; if i’m correctly understand, rule book says that “reserve your movement points after combat movement phase to land safely on the ground or aircraft carrier at your non combat move phase…”

Can i spend my bomber’s all of the 6 movement points at the combat move phase then there are no remains
    at non combat move phase ? -logically incorrect i know- but if i want to, it’s possible or illegal for the rules ?

• @TRONOR:

Can i spend my bomber’s all of the 6 movement points at the combat move phase then there are no remains
    at non combat move phase ? -logically incorrect i know- but if i want to, it’s possible or illegal for the rules ?

Welcome to the forum, Tronor.

This would be illegal: If you move your bomber in Combat Move you have to move it to a hostile space to initiate or support a combat.
    But you have to land it in a territory that has been friendly at the beginning of your turn. So you always need to “save” enough movement points to land your planes during Noncombat Move Phase.

What you of course can do is: Don’t move in Combat Move but move all six spaces during Noncombat Move Phase.

HTH :-)

(PS Please avoid writing your headlines in ‘All Caps’ - see the forum rules… thank you!)

• Thanks for the detailed information, very useful for me.
    Sorry, ı’ll be careful about this.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m