• Hello together!
    Is it possible to launch a rocket (after you got the research) from Southern Italy Airbase via SZ97 -> SZ99 -> SZ100 to hit the Ukraine Minor IC?

• '17 '16 '15

I’m not 100% on the range but think rockets can only go 3 spaces although I think triplea lets you go 4 for some reason. You can’t go from 99 to 100 because of Turkey but going to Greece instead gets you there the same. Still 4 moves to the IC though.

• Thought I saw only in 41 42 games u could go 4 spaces away ?

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Rockets are a unit?  If you have to have an airbase to use them at all… then are you guys saying it would add one movement, even though it always would?      I don’t think it can hit the MiC, but what do I know.

• '19 '17 '16

@Pac:

Rockets. Your air bases can now launch rockets. During the Strategic and Tactical Bombing Raids step of
    your Conduct Combat phase each turn, each of your operative air bases can make a single rocket attack
    against an enemy industrial complex, air base, or naval base within 4 spaces of it. This attack does one die
    roll of damage to that facility. Rockets may not be fired over neutral territories.

Rockets can go 4 spaces so therefore hit the Ukraine IC. And I read it the same as ShadowHawk. They can overfly the Turkish straits just like planes can.

• my issue with dealing with rockets is what does it mean it can fly 3 squares? Is that 3 movement from, like a air plane? Or is it just 3 zones where the sea zone and the land are considered one zone?

Does the rocket get the bonus of +1 MA from a airbase?

It is just all fuzzy and not really explained.

• '17 '16 '15

@ShadowHAwk:

@barney:

I’m not 100% on the range but think rockets can only go 3 spaces although I think triplea lets you go 4 for some reason. You can’t go from 99 to 100 because of Turkey but going to Greece instead gets you there the same. Still 4 moves to the IC though.

Air units, rockets are air, can go from 99->100 only naval is blocked by turkey.

Thanks for the correction Shadow. I knew some straights were fair game but Turkey being neutral threw me off. : )

@Fiera sorry for the incorrect info. Fire away : )

• '19 '17 '16

@PainState:

my issue with dealing with rockets is what does it mean it can fly 3 squares? Is that 3 movement from, like a air plane? Or is it just 3 zones where the sea zone and the land are considered one zone?

Does the rocket get the bonus of +1 MA from a airbase?

It is just all fuzzy and not really explained.

You are seeing confusion where it doesn’t exist.

It is 4 zones from the airbase, like a plane (except movement doesn’t need to remain for its return).

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Thanks for going to the rulebook, the old rules I think said 3 squares (how boring) 
    The rockets should be fire-able at surface ships, like a kami at 3+ or less, one shot unsupported attack.

Fritz-X for the win.

• @taamvan:

Thanks for going to the rulebook, the old rules I think said 3 squares (how boring)

1st edition of Global 1940 had 3 spaces for rockets, indeed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m