• Hey folks!

I just played a game of G1940, 2nd Edition - with my local board gamers today, and was surprised when they called for my Italian submarine to defend at a 2.  I told them that submarines attack at a 2, and defend at a 1.

They got out the rules, and sure enough….the reference cards say that subs attack at two and defend at two.

Was there a misprint somewhere that people know about?  Was there a previous version of G1940 that had subs defending at a two?

When this happened, it was a US or UK2 or UK3 attack on Italy, and since they were ruling it as subs defending on a 2, I immediately switched my intended I3 purchase to submarines - but I don’t know what to tell them.

• @Dashofpepper:

I told them that submarines attack at a 2, and defend at a 1.

That is correct and according to the rulebooks.

@Dashofpepper:

They got out the rules, and sure enough….the reference cards say that subs attack at two and defend at two.

What reference cards?

Revised was the last version (on a global scope) where subs defended at 2.

They started defending at 1 with Anniversary edition.

HTH :-)

• I believe they made Submarines weak for defense to 1 because every single player would pump out cheap Sub. to boost their navy so this allowed great strength for destroyer + “any” attacks to have the advantage.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m