• Hi Forum

Scenario……

Germany controls Danish Strait (posseion of Norway and Denmark) Three German transports and a cruiser in sea zone 113. Can a Russian submarine attack ships in zone 113 ( NOT go through) from sea zone 125?

Thanks…

• Morning Bjn.
    The Sub cannot enter SZ113 from outside the Baltic Sea. If the Sub starts in SZ125, it cannot get to SZ113 to attack.
    Have I understood the question?

• I believe you do but;

The sub can only reach sec 113 from 125.  However, The rule book says " if your side controlled a canal or narrow strait at start of your turn, you may move sea units through it" (page 9 Europe)which the Russians in this case don’t. The word attack is not mentioned! But maybe that’s what it means?

Hope I am clear.

• You need to be in  SZ113 to attack the Cruiser and TTs, so you would have to move through ithe Strait first. No attack is possible, if the Strait is closed to you.

• Ok, got it now :-)Thank you.👍🏼

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Don’t forget, Germany can grant permission (or deny it) to pass through that straight.  So, go ahead and ask!  I’ve had games where the German player permitted it, either for a laugh or ignorance, doesn’t matter.  There is no reason that I can think of that they should let the sub/russians out, but they can, so why not ask for fun and see what they say?

• @taamvan:

Don’t forget, Germany can grant permission (or deny it) to pass through that straight.   So, go ahead and ask!   I’ve had games where the German player permitted it, either for a laugh or ignorance, doesn’t matter.   There is no reason that I can think of that they should let the sub/russians out, but they can, so why not ask for fun and see what they say?

I completely forgot that neutral countries can ask to pass though straights. I am going to try that next game when I am USSR and see what Germany says.

• Caesar Seriona: Careful your question does not cause War!

• @wittmann:

Caesar Seriona: Careful your question does not cause War!

Nothing I can do to stop it, Germany can smash USSR on any turn as long as Germany plays it correctly.

• @taamvan:

Don’t forget, Germany can grant permission (or deny it) to pass through that straight.  So, go ahead and ask!  I’ve had games where the German player permitted it, either for a laugh or ignorance, doesn’t matter.  There is no reason that I can think of that they should let the sub/russians out, but they can, so why not ask for fun and see what they say?

I don’t think you can ask permission if you’re at war with them, right?

• Right. You can only ask if you aren’t at war.

That’s why wittmann intimated that the mere asking of such a question might provoke the fuhrer to rain fire and fury upon your lands.

• @larrymarx:

Right. You can only ask if you aren’t at war.

That’s why wittmann intimated that the mere asking of such a question might provoke the fuhrer to rain fire and fury upon your lands.

The Fuhrer better do it before Comrade Stalin orders me to liberate Poland from the oppressive evil Fascist.

• I mean peace and love between the great German leader and Stalin. We’ll be best friends, here some oil!

• Europe rulebook, page 9, paragraph 2, sentence 3:

“You can’t move sea units through a canal or narrow strait that is controlled by a neutral territory or by a power with which you are at war.”

• #ripshadowhawk

• @larrymarx:

Europe rulebook, page 9, paragraph 2, sentence 3:

“You can�t move sea units through a canal or narrow strait that is controlled by a neutral territory or by a power with which you are at war.”

And besides, why would a nation at war even allow its enemy to cross and even for that matter, why would you even let them get close AND why doesn’t the enemy just take the straight or canal?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m