• Hi all,

we are currently playing Axis and Allies Global 1940. I play Japan and we now have turn 4. I have DEI, Phillipines and Malysia. But China has Shanghai and is pushing hard in the north. They destroyed my IC in shanghai with some luck. I can’t get new ground forces from Japan onto the mainland due to the US thread. I need to merge my fleet to avoid the destruction by the US fleet. The US fleet sits at Carolines and is threatining Hong Kong, Malaysia and Japan. If I move my fleet to Japan than Hong Kong or Malaysia are lost. If I stay in the south China is conquering the North and getting stronger.

What can I do against China and the US? I have too few ground troops and if I conquer one territory I have problems to defend it, because I have to withdraw my planes.
    triplea-current.jpg
    ger4.tsvg

• Well that had to do with some bad luck and underestimated China. My goal was to get India and the driver fast.

Ukp had 11 inf in Shan state until I managed to kill them last turn.

• TripleA

Japan does get ukpacific by round 3 or 4 barring some crazy dice scenarios.  China can’t leave China so if all fails with Japan, at least take out UK pacific because UK pacific is the 2nd russia and you want to win on the Europe half at least.

• '19 '17 '16

Unless you can push the USN back I think you’re gone. Assuming Japan has a move to come before USA, you may need to concentrate your force at the Philippines, with a blocker for Dutch New Guinea. The good news is you ought to be able to block the Burma Rd for a while.

Or I guess you could abandon China, which I’m not a fan of.

• TripleA

minor ics on kwanguntung,  FIC, malaya are usually enough.

I don’t always buy naval bases and airbases, in fact I been buying them less and less usually 1 or the other… hardly ever get both, I used to get them both when I was newer.

Check it out. if you take and hold shan state, from india 3 carriers parked there or 1 space away, 6 air + 6 more air from FIC or whatever for 12 air total (6 lan dcarrier 6 land shan state) Boom shakala, no need airbase!  Naval base is only good if you plan to use it next round to boom shakalaka india, usually that is a j3 attack on india.

• TripleA

ALSO WTF?!?!? burma has 3 inf 3 air?? KILL THAT NOW. BOOM SHAKALA INDIA

You not aggressive, that is bad juju for Japan players, I don’t talk anymore to you. I want my luck to be strong ALL THE TIME. Currently hosting a tournament where someone beat me I give them money… I can’t lose EVER. So for that reason I am out. I can’t invest in helping you. I never lose as axis… my streak is 87 games and still going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZzBd41NuZw this will help you relax and just attack. Everyone knows I like to attack, I AM ALWAYS SCOPING.

Check it, owning burma means no china +6, so yeah you should be scoping. If you got to freak a leek or whatever GO GET ER DUN. Slap 5 on it whatever. let’s go, if you want it you can get it, bout to f a 9!66@ up.

Just said it in 6 different American languages for you. So you should get it.

• '19 '17 '16

Cow makes good points. You should be able to get on India in 2 turns. You already have 4 TTs.

No scramble defends the BB in SZ37. Kill that.

• Ok I need to be more agressive, but how do I get ground units to replace the dead ones?

Attacking is cool and more fun than defending.

Ok so my next move will be to kill all around me and go for Burma.

• the motivation for building an FIC airbase was to be able to attack the US fleet with my aircraft, if they should move into SZ6.

• As a rule of thumb, if you have a stack of aircraft that is double the size of a stack of ground units, you can kill the ground units in a battle with a TUV swing hovering around 0. For example, take 3 infantry vs. 3 fighters, 3 tacs. All three infantry will likely die on the first round, and they are likely to take one fighter with them. That’s -1. The strategic consequences of leaving the ground stack alive, however, mean that it’s actually a positive TUV swing.

Air power is the key to this game, and you need to use it as Japan.

• That is a good hint. So I need also to produce planes in Japan to resupply my air force.

• Exactly. I would also build a factory in Malaya. You’re not going to take all the territories you want and also match the Americans if they’re building in the Pacific, so air power is the solution. You pick the part of the board that you want to hold on to, kill everything there, and stack it with planes so the Americans have to have a monster fleet if they want to enter your killzone. If they go for it then they’re leaving Europe alone.

As the Allies facing an Axis assault, you need to hold out by working together and making sure key areas don’t fall.
    As an Axis power facing an Allied assault, you need to hold out by making it cost so much and take so long to contain you that they lose on the other board. You aren’t actually going to try to hold on to all of your gains.

• The US left Europe thinking that russia and Uk are strong enough to hold out until the Pacific is safe. At least that is what I assume. Ok so I will kill everything and hope that not to many plane are destroyed. That sounds really good.

Maybe I was a bit to afraid to loose my airforce.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Malaya is too vulnerable, and it takes too long to secure.  HK is far stronger for your later-game strategic defense (free NB), hidden square)

To win as Japan you have to 1) keep the interior seaway open in order to 2) keep the land front alive.  You will also want to kill India.    If these goals are not attainable after turn 6, you are about to lose.

You can keep the land front alive more cheaply than you might think; normally we would want 2-3 factories pumping out mechs and tanks but that’s 50$ a turn without building any bases, planes or sea units.  But if the difference is a collapse, then infantry and artillery are fine for 60% of the price.

The game is going downhill for Japan as soon as you lose the arms race against the USA, because SZ 6 will no longer be a safe place to put units pretty quickly (USA KJF 6+).    In order to stop this from happening, you need to deter the USA, which means allocating more money and units to defense (objective 1) rather than killing india (objective 3).

• Ok I killed now everything in Burma (which is even good if UKP retakes it, because it denies China 6 IPC) and Shan State. So far the combats went well. I build a fighter and minor IPC. I will let China come close to Hong Kong and then kill them with some ground force and my air force if they make the error of offering me a large stack.

As UKP is now unable to do much I will concentrate on the China threat and try to scare the US enough so that they won’t attack me.

• You’ve little hope, I’m afraid. Unless you can build and protect an IC in Korea (unlikely), you have little chance of victory in Asia. On the plus side, the DEI gives you +20, so you can at least hold off Korea for a little while. Chinese troops can’t attack Korea, so you’ll be safe. Abandon Hong Kong, but try if possible to hold Malaya and Shan State. Protect the DEI at all costs, it’ll be your major source of income for the rest of the game.

• Well at least I managed to disrupt Us and UK so that Germany won. But sometimes things happen that are difficult to counter if you have never experienced them before.

• '15 '14

@taamvan:

Malaya is too vulnerable, and it takes too long to secure.   HK is far stronger for your later-game strategic defense (free NB), hidden square)

The opposite is the case for Malaya. Yes, it is vulnerable but strategically Malaya is the by far most powerful IC Japan can place.

• @JDOW:

@taamvan:

Malaya is too vulnerable, and it takes too long to secure.   HK is far stronger for your later-game strategic defense (free NB), hidden square)

The opposite is the case for Malaya. Yes, it is vulnerable but strategically Malaya is the by far most powerful IC Japan can place.

I tend to agree, though often circumstances don’t necessarily encourage it.

As for UKPac, you don’t need to kill them dead, but some bombing and convoying would go a L-O-N-G way to neutering them.  That’s the best part about them… If you’re a bit lucky, and they don’t keep ships around, a clean bombing run and 2-4 subs parked off their coast(s) knocks them out of the game until you can get around to conquering.

• '19 '17 '16

@JDOW:

@taamvan:

I think you’re taking FIC as a given there. I can’t see how the Malaya IC is more powerful than FIC. Doesn’t need a naval base built to reach Calcutta?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m