• Hi guys, I’ve been reading this forum since at least 15 years but never posted anything yet! I am a big fan of the series; having all games released beside anniversary edition (exited they reprinting it) and 1986 classic edition. I am going to buy a 1986 version tonight and I am trying to find a list of items included in the box so I can see if something missing. As in this version, if i remember corectly, you can’t have more stacks of units than the number of units you have in the box. One missing carrier could be replaced by a newer version but I rly like to play a game with the original units.

Anyone know where I can find this list?

PS: sry for my english grammar, not my 1st language and I haven’t practiced in months

• The game contains the components listed below.  If you go to Reply #16 of this thread…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31982.15

…and click on my “WW2-Generic.jpg” chart, you’ll see the unit types (ignore the blockhouse; it’s from another A&A game) and pictures of them.  I don’t have a list of how many units of each type are in the box, but that doesn’t matter because the mini poker chips are used to indicate additional units.  As I recall, the rules don’t limit your purchases to the number of sculpts in the box.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/98/axis-allies

Components:

• 1 Gameboard
    • 299 Plastic Playing Pieces
    • Production Certificates
    • 7 Charts
    • Control Markers (100)
    • 12 Dice
    • 6 Game Trays
    • Plastic Chips
    • Instruction Booklet

• @Qcwarrior:

Hi guys, I’ve been reading this forum since at least 15 years but never posted anything yet! I am a big fan of the series; having all games released beside anniversary edition (exited they reprinting it) and 1986 classic edition. I am going to buy a 1986 version tonight and I am trying to find a list of items included in the box so I can see if something missing. As in this version, if i remember corectly, you can’t have more stacks of units than the number of units you have in the box. One missing carrier could be replaced by a newer version but I rly like to play a game with the original units.

PS: sry for my english grammar, not my 1st language and I haven’t practiced in months

I have not played this version lately but I played it quite a lot in the past.  I am pretty sure of the units counts.

infantry.  15 some games came with 17
    Tanks.  10….fighters 10…bombers 4…subs 6…transports 6…Aircraft Carriers 2…Battleships 3…    The unit counts are the same for all nations.
    I think there is a rule that you can have as many units of a particular type in a “stack”, but you could only have as many “stacks” as there are of the unit type provided.    Meaning that you could only have 2 territories ( 2 stacks) with as many chips under the actual unit as you want for the “Carriers”, and  only 3 locations with the Battleships, but as many chips as you want under the actual unit…so yes you could have ten Battleships in play, but they could only occur in 3 different sea zones. Hope that makes sense…

• Thx to both of you! I bough it, nothing was missing and the game was in perfect condition, not even a scratch. Im happy it cost me 70$ CA

• @Loose:

@Qcwarrior:

Hi guys, I’ve been reading this forum since at least 15 years but never posted anything yet! I am a big fan of the series; having all games released beside anniversary edition (exited they reprinting it) and 1986 classic edition. I am going to buy a 1986 version tonight and I am trying to find a list of items included in the box so I can see if something missing. As in this version, if i remember corectly, you can’t have more stacks of units than the number of units you have in the box. One missing carrier could be replaced by a newer version but I rly like to play a game with the original units.

I have not played this version lately but I played it quite a lot in the past.  I am pretty sure of the units counts.

infantry.  15 some games came with 17
    Tanks.  10….fighters 10…bombers 4…subs 6…transports 6…Aircraft Carriers 2…Battleships 3…    The unit counts are the same for all nations.
    I think there is a rule that you can have as many units of a particular type in a “stack”, but you could only have as many “stacks” as there are of the unit type provided.    Meaning that you could only have 2 territories ( 2 stacks) with as many chips under the actual unit as you want for the “Carriers”, and  only 3 locations with the Battleships, but as many chips as you want under the actual unit…so yes you could have ten Battleships in play, but they could only occur in 3 different sea zones. Hope that makes sense…

Yes exactly, you cant have more stacks of units than theires sculpts in the box according to the rules book

• That’s great!  Hope you enjoy it.  I played the heck out of that game.  I must be getting old……can’t remember what I had for dinner a couple of nights ago, but can remember how many units were in that game…

• My key contribution to strategy for Japan:

Attack the second Chinese area with 1 bomber 1 fighter and 2 inf from Indochina, the rest to the first 3 fighters 2 infantry.

occupy Hawaii landing 2 infantry and support with 1 fighter, everything else in reach to Hawaii, no light Hawaii

buy transports and men first round. keep buying them , transports and better than factories except when you get into middle game, you need both since the factories only make 3 units

• What!!  Looks like I am not the only “old and can’t remember stuff”.  I think you got that post in the wrong area……but that’s ok…we all get old,and forgetful…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m