November 22, 2017, 05:09:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read all about what's new on the Axis & Allies .org Website Search me
  Articles  
   Home   Help Login Register AACalc  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I hold out for 2nd Edition?  (Read 592 times)
Benito Mussolini
A&A.org Artillery

Don't Steal! The government hates competition.

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2017, 11:45:23 am »

I would like to get this game but I'm wondering if I should wait for the 2nd edition. Mainly because of the imbalance that's been reported and the lack of German Infantry. Does anyone think there will there be a 2nd edition?
CWO Marc
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 12:04:00 pm »

I would like to get this game but I'm wondering if I should wait for the 2nd edition. Mainly because of the imbalance that's been reported and the lack of German Infantry. Does anyone think there will there be a 2nd edition?

The basic answer is the one that was allegedly given by a scientist many years ago when a newspaper sent him a telegram (that tells you how old this anecdote is) saying "Request urgent by return telegram 500 words re possibility of life on Mars."  The scientist sent back a telegram saying "Nobody knows" 250 times. 

More seriously, I recall a rumour being floated on this board last year (I think) stating that the 1914 game was going to go out of print.  Again, we're into "nobody knows" territory -- or more correctly, only WotC knows what its plans are. 

The bottom line is that there are three possible scenarios: the game will go out of print and never return on the primary market, the game will remain in print forever unchanged, or the game will be issued in a new edition at some point in the future.  You basically need to weight two things: how probable you feel each scenario is, and which scenario would produce the worst outcome for you if your guess turns out to be wrong. 
Benito Mussolini
A&A.org Artillery

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 12:07:01 pm »

LOL

BTW it's now 64 bucks on amazon https://www.amazon.com/Axis-Allies-1914-World-Board/dp/B00B0EMNB4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1499112398&sr=8-1&keywords=axis+and+allies+1914&linkCode=ll1&tag=ethaconn-20&linkId=eb0042fee13f4d26f4cf7499ef7e8c47
CWO Marc
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 12:12:31 pm »

BTW it's now 64 bucks on amazon

Buy it.  Actually, buy two; I remember paying roughly twice that much at my local hobby shop when it first came out.
Benito Mussolini
A&A.org Artillery

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 12:26:17 pm »

Thanks for the quick responses! I will look into it.
Wolfshanze
A&A.org Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 07:05:04 am »

Egads... $64... that's (relatively) cheap... I'm not a huge fan of WWI, but I do love military history and A&A games... I might be tempted to pick it up, even though the reality is I will probably never find anyone to play it with... A&A1914 just has that feeling that it will go the way of AA50 several years ago... except without a reprint.... I can foresee A&A1914 being sold 2nd-hand for $500 on E-Bay a few years from now.
Cow
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

MOO

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 07:04:12 pm »

My aa50 board is beat up and that is the way I like it.
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to:  

2017 Support Drive

Read about this support drive.
Support Level
Forum Username
Note: payee will appear as Livid Labs, LLC.
Buy Axis & Allies
  • Axis & Allies 1942 [Amazon]
  • A&A Pacific 1940 [Amazon]
  • A&A Europe 1940 [FMG]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • A&A D-Day [Amazon]
  • A&A Battle of the Bulge [Amazon]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • WWII Themed Combat Dice [FMG]

Axis and Allies.org Official Gold Sponsor: Historical Board Gaming