• Hi all,

Revived this game with some friends after it sitting in the loft for 10+ years and love it once again!

This might be a silly question but can the USA buy & place units in China? Apart from the 3 troops that China gets anyway.

And the same for Australia + India etc. Can Australian IPCs only be used to purchase units in Australia?

Thanks all!  8-)

• The US can not place US units in China. China does not have ICs. China only gets China INF based on how many territories are controlled and whether the Burma Road is open. The best the US can do is typically to land aircraft built at an IC in China.

• @frimmel:

The US can not place US units in China. China does not have ICs. China only gets China INF based on how many territories are controlled and whether the Burma Road is open. The best the US can do is typically to land aircraft built at an IC in China.

I am by no means an expert, and I am not trying to be critical of your answer ( I am too new here to be taken seriously) but I am currently playing a lot of Pacific.    I am a little confused by your reply.  China starts with an IC, that is where it’s new units are introduced.  I know that only the US can build an IC in this game.  I really did not think that the US could build a complex in China.  This was probably just a “typo” that maybe should have read "The best that the US can do is typically land aircraft built at an IC outside of China….or I am just missing something?

• @Loose:

@frimmel:

The US can not place US units in China. China does not have ICs. China only gets China INF based on how many territories are controlled and whether the Burma Road is open. The best the US can do is typically to land aircraft built at an IC in China.

I am by no means an expert, and I am not trying to be critical of your answer ( I am too new here to be taken seriously) but I am currently playing a lot of Pacific.    I am a little confused by your reply.  China starts with an IC, that is where it’s new units are introduced.  I know that only the US can build an IC in this game.   I really did not think that the US could build a complex in China.  This was probably just a “typo” that maybe should have read "The best that the US can do is typically land aircraft built at an IC outside of China….or I am just missing something?

Nope. You’re correct. I just forgot that an IC was actually placed on the board for China. Either way the US can not buy units and build them in China.

• Thanks so much guys, and thanks for clarifying frimmel.

One other sub-question I have; it says that the US can build new IC and can only produce the amount shown on that territory there. If that territory does not have a number can they produce only 1 unit there?

• @zak:

Thanks so much guys, and thanks for clarifying frimmel.

One other sub-question I have; it says that the US can build new IC and can only produce the amount shown on that territory there. If that territory does not have a number can they produce only 1 unit there?

Only the amount shown on the territory would be zero in the case of no number. See: http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/pdf/A&A_Pacifi_FAQ.pdf

• I am thinking of allowing the US to move bombers to India in a non-combat more in one turn, and then move the bombers to China on the next, either with a combat more or non-combat more.  It took the US only two weeks to fly bombers from Seattle, Washington over the Atlantic Air Route, across Africa to Cairo and then to India.  As for fighters, once landed at Takoradi in West Africa, they could be flown to India and China on the same air route.  That was how the British were getting aircraft quickly to the Mid-East, and the route was functioning well by December of 1941.  It took two weeks for a newly completed B-17E to fly from Seattle to Java in the Netherlands East Indies and participate in its first combat mission.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m