Asymmetric Declarations of War - Strategy?

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

When does it make sense for Germany to declare on one turn and Japan to wait to declare war on another turn, or vice versa?

There are lots of articles arguing for a G1 vs. G2 DoW, or a J1 v. J3 DoW, but has anyone thought about whether it always makes sense for the two Axis powers to declare war on the same turn, or if there are advantages to having one power declare later than the other?

• '17 '16

I would love to answer this question… but considering I usually have to kidnap or blackmail opponents just to get someone to play 1941 or 1942, I’m afraid I will probably never get to play 1940 before I die…

Someone more familiar with the game will undoubtedly give you a sound answer.

• Hi! I think G1/G2/G3 usually talks about attacking USSR, while J1/4 are usually about attacking US.

yes. there are reasons.
    If you do a G2/J4 (or G1/J4), you can attack USSR quite freely. US will not be able to move its fleet towards europe until US4. which means that the first possible landing in europe is on US5 (except for spanish beachhead). This means that Germany can send its G1,2,3 builds straigt to USSR, while they can build just in time for US first possible landing.

• I can’t say the best plans as Axis as I am usually USSR when I play but when you use the term Asymmetric Warfare, you do know that means when two armies that are not equal fight each other like a professional army vs a militia would be an example for Asymmetric Warfare.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m