AXIS and ALLIES 1941 for beginners

• I’m very new to the game axis and allies. Just bought it and want to play it. There is alot to the game and i have no friends that know nothing about this game, So i have no choice but to turn to the internet.

I was told this game is like risk on massive crack. So in risk you can attack anyone and negotiate secretly with people to win the game.

So can I for example, play as the Americans and attack the British, after a certain amount of time? and negotiate with the Germans?

How do you win? is it complete domination or do the allied or axis powers have to win together by taking axis land? Is their a choice to play global domination?

– Modified 8/3/2017 –
    So instead of creating a new post, I thought i would keep this for beginners questions. Hopefully they can come here and get their answers.

first, apologies for the double post, naive to this website.

SUBMARINES:
    1. Can a sub sneak attack an aircraft carrier and have that carriers contents (fighters) die along with the carrier? I ask this because I think fighters would not have time to scramble in a sneak attack, it it would be considered cargo. Yes? No?

2. When I do a sneak attack, do I choose which ships suffers from the sneak attack? Or is it still the defenders choice?

3.I know if an amphibious assault takes place,  you have to clear the sea zone first. So lets say the sea zone contains a sub, in the rule book it states that the sub can be ignored. So the question is, can a sub be ignored over a normal sea zone from a battle ship? or does battle have to commence? Subs cant block surface ships right? this is very confusing to me and need clarification.

That’s all the questions I have for myself and all new A&A fans! Thanks so much!

• '17 '16

You basically have a double-post here… I gave the standard answer in your other post, but no… there is no backstabbing or double dealing… either the Axis team wins or the Allied team wins… by  the rules… if you want to change the rules in your own home, that’s your business, but by the rules, it’s a two-team game and victory is determined when one of those two teams meets victory conditions.

• Also note that the “Allies can attack each other” and “game is played based on accurate history” voting options actually cover two different issues.  The Allies can’t attack each other in A&A, nor can the Axis nations attack each other in A&A.  By the same token, however, A&A is only partially accurate when it comes to the actual history of WWII.  The game’s historical accuracy – or lack thereof – is a source of endless debate on this forum.  To give just a couple of examples: historically, the UK attacked France (or specifically the French fleet) in 1940, and that Germany invaded and occupied northern Italy in 1943.

• '17 '16

@CWO:

To give just (an) example: historically, Germany invaded and occupied northern Italy in 1943.

No, no, no, you got it all wrong… the Germans were simply “re-accommodating” the Italians… just like United Airlines did with their passenger.

• @Wolfshanze:

No, no, no, you got it all wrong… the Germans were simply “re-accommodating” the Italians… just like United Airlines did with their passenger.

Hmm.  That’s right up there with “de-housing”, more formally known as the strategic bombing of urban residential areas.

• '17 '16

@CWO:

Hmm.  That’s right up there with “de-housing”, more formally known as the strategic bombing of urban residential areas.

When speaking of someone’s private residence… I prefer the term “carpet bombing”… it sounds more like a renovation.

• @l8MikeBl8:

I’m very new to the game axis and allies. Just bought it and want to play it. There is alot to the game and i have no friends that know nothing about this game, So i have no choice but to turn to the internet.

I was told this game is like risk on massive crack. So in risk you can attack anyone and negotiate secretly with people to win the game.

So can I for example, play as the Americans and attack the British, after a certain amount of time? and negotiate with the Germans?

How do you win? is it complete domination or do the allied or axis powers have to win together by taking axis land? Is their a choice to play global domination?

Thank you in advance.

Reading the rules will help you immensely!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m