• If London falls, doesn’t UK move it’s capital to Ottawa and continue to collect income? I know it surrenders it’s income once London falls, however I was under the impression they had a special ability to transfer Capitals

• '18 '17 '16

No they don’t collect income until they recapture London.

• @Leatherneckinlv:

If London falls, doesn’t UK move it’s capital to Ottawa and continue to collect income? I know it surrenders it’s income once London falls, however I was under the impression they had a special ability to transfer Capitals

I think the capital-transfer concept has been used in a number of house rules, but it’s not in the official rules.

• Only game I think of is HBG 39 game is Ottawa or Capital in South Africa becomes new Capital and UK collects income on next turn.

• Ahhhhh….I stopped playing AA G 40 after HBG Global 39 and then stopped playing HBG G 39 after HBG G 36 came out. I just recently started playing AA G 40 again and making ton of errors due to that fact. Also when I played AA G 40, my game was vastly different than the OOB rules. I even had a set up for the Dutch in the DEI with a recruitment roll and income. Spain and Turkey could be aligned to either power and Russia could attack Finland even if it was taken by the Germans without declaring or starting a war with Germany and also had a neutral bonus if not at war with Germany for 3 IPC’s… My set up was different too. UK had Battlecruisers that took 2 hits to destroy, a UK battleship added in the Med and US had to additional battleships in the starting set up one in Europe and one in Hawaii. Also I took the power of the bombers away, SBR was slightly different and fighters on CAP could attack submarines, and finally used a D-12 combat system.

I will be coming to play in Young Grasshoppers invitational in September so I am working to re honing my OOB rules and strategies. I need to clean up my errors and redefine my Allied strategies as I have noticed I am a tad off due to forgetting the OOB rules

Looking forward to seeing you Gents in Canada.

With regards, a Semper Fi and Ooooh Raaah, Thank you for the responses
    Leatherneckinlv

• Sponsor

@Leatherneckinlv:

Ahhhhh….I stopped playing AA G 40 after HBG Global 39 and then stopped playing HBG G 39 after HBG G 36 came out. I just recently started playing AA G 40 again and making ton of errors due to that fact. Also when I played AA G 40, my game was vastly different than the OOB rules. I even had a set up for the Dutch in the DEI with a recruitment roll and income. Spain and Turkey could be aligned to either power and Russia could attack Finland even if it was taken by the Germans without declaring or starting a war with Germany and also had a neutral bonus if not at war with Germany for 3 IPC’s… My set up was different too. UK had Battlecruisers that took 2 hits to destroy, a UK battleship added in the Med and US had to additional battleships in the starting set up one in Europe and one in Hawaii. Also I took the power of the bombers away, SBR was slightly different and fighters on CAP could attack submarines, and finally used a D-12 combat system.

I will be coming to play in Young Grasshoppers invitational in September so I am working to re honing my OOB rules and strategies. I need to clean up my errors and redefine my Allied strategies as I have noticed I am a tad off due to forgetting the OOB rules

Looking forward to seeing you Gents in Canada.

With regards, a Semper Fi and Ooooh Raaah, Thank you for the responses
    Leatherneckinlv

I love the spirt… carry on soldier.

• Marine….haha…better than soldiers, we are says Master Yoda

• @Leatherneckinlv:

Marine….haha…better than soldiers, we are says Master Yoda

Yes, this point of terminology actually came up a while ago, on page 1 of this thread:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=22552.0

• '21 '20 '18 '17

You could always house rule “backup capitals”

After playing G36, what are the motives to go back down the simplicity scale?  Time?  Pure complexity?  Players?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m