Axis & Allies .org 2017 Support Drive

• Founder TripleA Admin

Welcome to the 2017 Axis & Allies.org support drive. This support drive will end on December 31, 2017 and the next one will begin in 2018.

Note: please log in when you purchase your badge. You will get your badge more quickly.

Amount raised: $2437 ($2410 in 2016)
    Number of 2016 patrons: 87 (90 in 2016)
    (last update December 28, 2017)

Gold Patrons (35)
    P@nther (Mar. 23)+
    John Brown (Mar. 23)+
    oysteilo (Mar. 23)+
    CWO Marc (Mar. 23)+
    Private Panic (Mar. 23)+
    Omega1759 (Mar. 24)+
    siparo (Mar. 25)+
    Von Kuulness (Mar. 27)+
    freh (Mar. 28)+
    taamvan (Mar. 29)
    StuckTojo (Mar. 30)+
    GeneralHandGrenade (Mar. 31)+
    Adam514 (Apr. 7)
    General Haig (Apr. 9)+
    wittmann (Apr. 10)+
    JWW (Apr. 11)+
    dawgoneit (Apr. 19)+
    Ferrousgryphon (Apr. 21)+
    DaddyK  (Jun. 1)+
    Team 6 Zimmi (Jul. 4)
    Karl7 (Jul. 25)+
    BirthOfIron (Aug. 14)
    Baron Munchhausen (Aug. 15)+
    variance (Aug. 25)+
    wheatbeer (Nov. 9)
    OwenToo  (Nov. 10)
    Whackamatt (Nov. 29)
    captain walker (Nov. 29)+
    Odonis (Nov. 29)
    HBG (Nov. 30)
    LHoffman (Dec. 1)+
    csaw_1988 (Dec. 2)
    Young Grasshopper (Dec. 13)
    Midnight_Reaper (Dec. 19)
    userx (Dec. 27)+

Silver Patrons (21)
    JuanSpain (Mar. 23)+
    dajokr (Mar. 23)
    radar231 (Mar. 29)+
    alexgreat (Apr. 1)+
    Entek (Apr. 7)+
    Cmdr Jennifer (Apr. 7)+
    VonAlba (Apr. 8 )
    craykirk (Apr. 30)+
    TripleA Xray (Jul. 10)
    Ichabod (Aug. 20)
    Giallo (Oct. 10)+
    Degrasse (Nov. 29)+
    Elrood (Nov. 29)
    kilroynothere (Dec. 1)+
    AAGamer (Dec. 3)
    sjelso (Dec. 9)
    dangermouse650 (Dec. 10)
    Desert_Admiral (Dec. 11)
    farmboy (Dec. 12)
    aequitas et veritas (Dec. 13)+
    11H5M (Dec. 23)

Bronze Patrons (32)
    Imperious Leader (Mar. 24)+
    Geograph (Mar. 24)+
    hkytown1 (Mar. 24)+
    Herr KaLeun (Mar. 24)
    IWillNeverGrowUp (Mar. 27)+
    Maddog77 (Mar. 27)+
    Me1945 (Mar. 28)+
    Wolfshanze (Mar. 31)+
    SS (Apr. 26)+
    R DiStefano (Jun. 16)+
    Blackskull (Jul. 8 )
    WoodyWanKenobi (Jul.  19)
    innohub (Aug. 17)+
    BusaRider29 (Oct. 30)
    84tigers (Oct. 31)+
    Rank Carcass (Nov. 17)
    GeneralMayhem (Nov. 28 )
    Rand (Nov. 29)
    Hambone  (Nov. 29)+
    Variable (Nov. 29)
    dedo (Nov. 30)+
    Scipio (Nov. 30)
    Snigg (Nov. 30)
    dissndat  (Dec. 3)
    Bjergmose  (Dec. 3)+
    siredblood (Dec. 3)+
    Koala (Dec. 4)
    simon33 (Dec. 5)+
    Dukla passer (Dec. 14)
    Navymule (Dec. 14)
    General Veers (Dec. 28)+
    barney (Dec. 28)+

• patron in 2016, renewed with discount.

These funds will go towards the following:

• Server hosting

• Server backup

• Cloud storage on Amazon S3 (this bill has skyrocketed from $25/month to $115/month

• SSL certificates (for the new forum)

• Domain registration

• DNS hosting (this bill will go from $10/month to $20/month in June 2016

• Promotional material

• Running events

• Producing high quality YouTube videos

• Akismet anti-spam subscription

• LLC (limited liability company) taxes and upkeep

• Taxes
      • Tax software
    • Website design (one or more of the following)

• Adobe software

• Premium themes

• Web designer

• New forums setup (servers, time, etc.)

There will be three support levels available. When you donate, you will receive a special badge on your profile.

Gold Patron - $50
    Silver Patron - $25
    Bronze Patron - $10

Note:  For 2017, the tank on the badge is the Soviet IS-2. Thanks to CWO Marc and P@nther for assisting with the creation of the silhouette of the tank.

To donate, just click on the “Buy Now” PayPal button on the right of your screen.

In order to get your badge, be sure to include your email when you purchase your support level. Next, send me an email with your Axis & Allies.org username so that I can give you the badge. david [dot] jensen {at} axisandallies (dot) org

Thanks!

If you get your badge and are not listed, it likely means I forgot so just send me a friendly reminder.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Sorry for the delay but it’s finally launched. Due to the delay I’m giving all of the 2016 Patrons an extra week and a half to receive the discount. For 2016 Patrons, the discount will be applied at checkout.

Thank you for your support.

• Just bought my golden IS-2 to say ‘Thank you for this great website’ once again!

• Got an error message dj, but think I have paid. Sent you an e-mail. Let me know if I need to try to pay again.

BTW - you may want to look at your opening post which contains some confusion between 2016 and 2017.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

David, I just purchased a gold badge to support the forums and sent you an e-mail with my e-mail and username. :-)

Thanks,

John Brown

• @John:

David, I just purchased a gold badge to support the forums and sent you an e-mail with my e-mail and username.

Me too.

CWO Marc

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Thx for the site! Just ordered my 2017 support drive.

Juan

• '19 '18 '17

I am new to this hobby and have been lurking here learning from all of you fine folks.  Just contributed and making my first post to show my support and thanks for all the great discussion here.

Cheers!

• Founder TripleA Admin

Thanks everybody. Since there a ton of these coming in. I’m going to assign all the badges once per day. The time of day will vary but will either be the first or last thing I do daily.  :-D

• @Private:

Got an error message dj, but think I have paid. Sent you an e-mail. Let me know if I need to try to pay again.

BTW - you may want to look at your opening post which contains some confusion between 2016 and 2017.

So since I do not have a badge I guess you did not get my payment?

@dajokr:

I am new to this hobby and have been lurking here learning from all of you fine folks.  Just contributed and making my first post to show my support and thanks for all the great discussion here.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forums dajokr. Always cool to have new members. :-)

• '19 '18 '17

@John:

@dajokr:

I am new to this hobby and have been lurking here learning from all of you fine folks.�  Just contributed and making my first post to show my support and thanks for all the great discussion here.

Cheers!

Thanks!  Glad to be here.  I got back into the game about a year ago.  Bought all the current games, found a classic MB on eBay, and even picked up a few of the nice addons from HBG/IWNGU like IPC chips and dice.  I was only able to play one game of global (tripping all over the rules the whole time) but it was a blast!  I think I must have spend days watching Young Grasshopper’s videos on YouTube.

Took a life break to move to Japan (I’m a US Naval officer) and am starting to pick it back up again.  Just bought a whole bunch of custom battle pieces from HBG and I’m looking for some playing partners.  Also tracked down a VG copy of AA50 on eBay for a not-too-outrageous price, so I aim to get into that one too.

I’ve actually been playing 1941 solo the past few weeks, trying out different strategies and working my way back through the rules.  I will soon move on to 1942SE and AA50.

All of the people on this board are extremely helpful, even with the questions that could have been answered by 17 seconds of reading the rule book. ;)

I have also enjoyed all of the customizations here.  In particular, I have really appreciated the work of Young Grasshopper and Siredblood.

Looking forward to seeing everyone around.

D

@Dajokr:

@John:

@dajokr:

I am new to this hobby and have been lurking here learning from all of you fine folks.�  Just contributed and making my first post to show my support and thanks for all the great discussion here.

Cheers!

Thanks!  Glad to be here.  I got back into the game about a year ago.  Bought all the current games, found a classic MB on eBay, and even picked up a few of the nice addons from HBG/IWNGU like IPC chips and dice.  I was only able to play one game of global (tripping all over the rules the whole time) but it was a blast!  I think I must have spend days watching Young Grasshopper’s videos on YouTube.

Took a life break to move to Japan (I’m a US Naval officer) and am starting to pick it back up again.  Just bought a whole bunch of custom battle pieces from HBG and I’m looking for some playing partners.  Also tracked down a VG copy of AA50 on eBay for a not-too-outrageous price, so I aim to get into that one too.

I’ve actually been playing 1941 solo the past few weeks, trying out different strategies and working my way back through the rules.  I will soon move on to 1942SE and AA50. Â

All of the people on this board are extremely helpful, even with the questions that could have been answered by 17 seconds of reading the rule book. ;)

I have also enjoyed all of the customizations here.  In particular, I have really appreciated the work of Young Grasshopper and Siredblood. Â

Looking forward to seeing everyone around.

D

That is awesome. Thank you for your service. There is a lot of talented people on this website. I learned to paint my pieces, because of the help from members, on this forum, so don’t hesitate to ask questions.

I’m also a piece junkie and have almost everything HBG has to offer. I’ve filled, 15 of the plano fishing tackle boxes, full of pieces, and I’ve found all the axis and allies games through ebay, so I know what your talking about, lol. :-D

• @Dajokr:

Took a life break to move to Japan (I’m a US Naval officer) and am starting to pick it back up again.

Welcome aboard A&A.org!

• Well it seems my first attempt to buy a gold badge has failed as that badge is not showing on my posts.

I am feeling discouraged by dj’s failure to answer any of my attempts to clarify whether that is the fact, either in this thread, or by PM or by e-mail. When I get my bank statements I will double check and then decide whether to try again.

I enjoy this forum, so I might offer a lower level of support regardless.

My apologies for a not very positive post amongst all the demonstrations of support, but by being open with this I might just encourage an improvement.

• '17 '16

@Private:

Well it seems my first attempt to buy a gold badge has failed as that badge is not showing on my posts.

Sorry PrivatePanic, but I have to come clean… I told djensen that anything that Brit offered for Patron support, i’d double it if he didn’t attach the badge to your name… it’s how we Yanks operate, sorry.

• :lol:

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

Done  :wink:

J. 8-)

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Thanks for the work on the forums.

Ive met tirano, siparo, imperious leader at gencon.

Ive spoken to young grasshopper and black elk on the phone.  Ive recruited hambone, josh randel, trev, and others who already lived in kc, some who are experts and some who havent played since Original.

Many times beat and lost to Bob Roby, two time gencon tourney winner!

Many times i have beaten and lost to my former student, now teacher, Dave Marts

No doubt it helped me become a better player and meet my goals

A community is what you make it, the league, the national tourneys, the supporters and the rest.  kudos to Dave Jensen and Greg Smorey for being huge boosters.

Good Luck Have Fun,

Ill see you in Indy!

• '17 '16

And I’ve made my pledge for 2017… as long as my badge shows up before that Brit’s does, i’ll be happy!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m