• Hi all,

What’s the standard bid range for the Allies in 1942.2?

• '19

Hey Jonathan,
    I play with a group of guys in the Bay Area.  When we play 1942.2, we give the allies generally a 9-16 ipc bid.  I have seen bids on this site even go up to around the 24 ipc bid range for the allies.  Another popular bid for the allies was to give Russia a starting bomber in Moscow.  A few guys on this site have post new options for the allies for this game.  One of them was having Usa go first. I actually tried this one out and it made the game very interesting.  Anyways there’s different options 👍

• I would take the allies for a 12 bid, so corpo’s bid range seems about right

• '17 '16

@Corpo24:

Hey Jonathan,
    I play with a group of guys in the Bay Area.  When we play 1942.2, we give the allies generally a 9-16 ipc bid.  I have seen bids on this site even go up to around the 24 ipc bid range for the allies.  Another popular bid for the allies was to give Russia a starting bomber in Moscow.  A few guys on this site have post new options for the allies for this game.  One of them was having Usa go first. I actually tried this one out and it made the game very interesting.  Anyways there’s different options 👍

Did you try USA go first with or without Combat Move allowed?

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Even with the 20 bid, our games are over in 4 turns.  The Axis have a pretty easy road to smash the middle;  if the UK planes stay in India, they die, if they go to Moscow, its not enough to make a difference.  Something has to be done Turn 1 to diminish Axis strength, they start with more than enough stuff and resources to hold off the Allies on either side of the board.

• '19

Hey Baron,
    USA went first and was able to buy and move units but not attack them.  The game lasted about 9 rounds and Moscow eventually fell to the Germans.  Going to play one more time with this set up and planning to go all out against Germany with the USA.

• '17 '16

@Corpo24:

Hey Baron,
    USA went first and was able to buy and move units but not attack them.  The game lasted about 9 rounds and Moscow eventually fell to the Germans.  Going to play one more time with this set up and planning to go all out against Germany with the USA.

So it is not OP at all when USA R0 is restricted.

• '19

From what I notice from USA turn 0 is it gives the allies a chance but not enough to stop the Germans from pushing into Moscow.  Perhaps allow the Americans to also attack on round zero?

• '17 '16

@Corpo24:

From what I notice from USA turn 0 is it gives the allies a chance but not enough to stop the Germans from pushing into Moscow.  Perhaps allow the Americans to also attack on round zero?

If you want to try it on Triple A to see where this might go.
    I know it is somewhere.
    Black Elk makes it in a special XML file.
    It is probably somewhere…
    Just say yes. Someone will provide a link for sure.

Here it is :
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39354.msg1630948#msg1630948

• '19

Sounds good! Though I do play triple A, I’m more of a axis and allies board game guy. Love seeing those stacks of land units and navies lol. I just finished setting up the board! Got my pizza and I’m ready to rock and roll!

• '17 '16

@Corpo24:

Sounds good! Though I do play triple A, I’m more of a axis and allies board game guy. Love seeing those stacks of land units and navies lol. I just finished setting up the board! Got my pizza and I’m ready to rock and roll!

Playing solo?

• '19

Yup.  I usually get together once a month with a group of guys here in the San Francisco area.  Tonight Im solo though.  Trying out new strategies.  Game report update.  Germans already have 11 tanks close to Ukraine. Yikes! Though the Americans already have a nice fleet and are poised to land in Morroco. Next few turns are going to be interesting

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m