• What’s the difference between Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 and Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 Second Edition?  Are the changes strictly rules-based, or should I buy a completely new board with new units?

• The ANZAC units are new, from what I understand. In 1st version many of them were just light gray versions of UK and US units. But in 2nd they are more unique.

• @JonathanMeyer:

What’s the difference between Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 and Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 Second Edition?  Are the changes strictly rules-based, or should I buy a completely new board with new units?

I don’t know about the sculpts of the first edition … but apart from that, the changes are strictly rule-based.
    Just download the new rulebook.
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=28702.0

• The 1st ed ANZAC pieces were a duplicate in grey of the beige UK sculpt set (which itself contained a few American designs), including the infantry unit.  The 2nd ed ANZAC pieces are all unique designs.  The 2nd ed. Global 1940 game introduces an anti-aircraft artillery unit which is a unique sculpt for every power.  In fact, with two exceptions, every sculpt for every power except France is a unique sculpt in the 2nd ed. Global 1940 game, the exceptions being the UK transport ship and the USSR aircraft carrier; both of those gaps can be filled by using the unique pieces from A&A 1941.  Frabce has a unique infantry sculpt in both 1940.1 and 1940.2, but its equipment sculpts in each game are a duplicate in blue of the equipment pieces in the maroon USSR sculpt set.

• '17 '16

Australian Troops in 1940 Pacific SE have eaten way too many vegemite sandwiches and have become 12 foot tall giants!  Beware.

• CWO Marc, I have to disagree with you on the infantry statement. The British infantry is different from the American one. Although the difference may be slight it is not the same, but you are correct in the statement that the Aussies’ are just gray Brits.

• @Larrie:

CWO Marc, I have to disagree with you on the infantry statement. The British infantry is different from the American one. Although the difference may be slight it is not the same, but you are correct in the statement that the Aussies’ are just gray Brits.

I said that the Global 1940 1st edition UK sculpt set included a few American designs.  I didn’t say that it used American infantry units.  Every power except ANZAC in Global 1940 1st edition has a distinct infantry sculpt; in Global 1940 2nd edition, every power (including ANZAC) has a distinctive infantry sculpt.  The Global 1940 1st edition UK sculpt set used American designs for a few of its equipment (meaning non-infantry) units – not many, but a few.  I can’t recall the full list off the top of my head, but I think the Mech unit was one of them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m