• In an SBR I have 2 questions
    1. AA guns get to roll dice equaling number of bombers starting out.
    whatever the number of bombers remain after the AA roll, bombers make their run.what happens If the bombers decide to pursue a 2nd bombing run? Do they face another round of
    AA fire?
    2. How does this differ when a bomber joins an attacking force that is attacking a territory with an AA gun?
    Just thought of one more:
    On a SBR, bomber hits IC, with fighters in the territory? Do fighters get involved at all?
    These q’s pertain to Spring 42
    Thx!

• @Smack:

In an SBR I have 2 questions
    1. AA guns get to roll dice equaling number of bombers starting out.
    whatever the number of bombers remain after the AA roll, bombers make their run.what happens If the bombers decide to pursue a 2nd bombing run? Do they face another round of
    AA fire?
    2. How does this differ when a bomber joins an attacking force that is attacking a territory with an AA gun?
    Just thought of one more:
    On a SBR, bomber hits IC, with fighters in the territory? Do fighters get involved at all?
    These q’s pertain to Spring 42
    Thx!

Please see:

@rulebook:

Air Defense: An antiaircraft gun can only fire at an air unit when that unit attacks the territory containing that antiaircraft gun.
    Antiaircraft guns fire only once, before the first round of combat. Roll one die against each attacking air unit. On a roll of ‘1’,
    that air unit is destroyed and immediately removed from the game. If all the aircraft are the same, fighters or bombers, there is
    no need to differentiate them. However, if there is a mix of fighters and bombers, you must assign specific dice rolls to specific
    aircraft by indicating which aircraft is being rolled against
    . A roll of ‘1’ destroys the specified aircraft. This antiaircraft attack
    is made immediately before normal combat occurs in the territory containing the antiaircraft gun.

Regarding the participation of fighters see the optional rule on page 14 of the rulebook.

Please ask back, if anything remains unclear.

HTH :-)

• Appreciate the response and have read that portion of th rules. What my question still is: is the AA gun finished after one round of combat?
    It seems to me in a SBR it can fire in every round of combat the bombers attack an IC.
    However it also seems on an attack on a territory containing AA’s by air power
    The AA’s only get one to shot at all planes(ftr,bomb) afterwards, if attackers pursue a 2nd round of attack the AA is out. No longer posing a threat? Can you get back as I am rather new and want to employ the SBR correctly. The rule book seems to say this by omission and I am not certain as to the correct way to proceed.  Thx!

• Antiaircraft guns fire only once, before the first round of combat.

and

This antiaircraft attack is made immediately before normal combat occurs in the territory containing the antiaircraft gun.

These quotes from the rulebook should answer all your questions.

After the attacker has placed his planes to as well SBR as attack the defender’s units and combat move is over, the defender’s AA-gun fires once against all attacking planes. This occurs before normal combat. After this (and SBR) is resolved, normal combat (first round of combat) begins (the AA gun does not do anything then).

HTH :-)

• Official Q&A

Bear in mind that SBRs have only one “round of combat”.  The bombers attack only once, then the SBR is over.

• Ah, I understand now. One round of attack for SBR per turn. Thx!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m