• Hi all.
    I’m new to the forum. Started playing A&A when it came out from MB back in the late 1980’s. I gave my set away to a friend when I left for Army basic training.

My interest in the game was recently revived when a guy at the local game group asked if we would be interested in A&A. I said “YUP!”

I’ve been trying to piece everything back together, and have been playing “AAA” on ye olde PC. Which AAA map best approximates MB “Classic”?

OH YEAH… the whole point of this post…
    How do I attach a .xls or .pdf file to a forum post in here?

• @ironnerd:

…, and have been playing “AAA” on ye olde PC. Which AAA map best approximates MB “Classic”?

Are you talking about TripleA? In this case look for “World War II Classic”.

• @ironnerd:

How do I attach a .xls or .pdf file to a forum post in here?

When writing a post hit “Additional Options”, just below the text box to the left.
    You need a minimum number of postings (about 10 I think) to be allowed to attach files.

• Ah-HAH!

I don’t have the minimum number of posts yet… I can fix that pretty quickly.

• @P@nther:

@ironnerd:

…, and have been playing “AAA” on ye olde PC. Which AAA map best approximates MB “Classic”?

Are you talking about TripleA? In this case look for “World War II Classic”.

Yes, TripleA. Cool! I have been using the correct map.

For our game group I volunteered to play Japan, but I’m not overly picky. I think it’s time to raise the difficulty level on the TripleA AI. Last time I played as the Axis, Germany took Russia on the second turn. I think I’ll set it to “hard” and see how frustrated I get.

• I finally have enough posts so that I can upload files…

AAA MB Map.pdf
    AAA.xls

• Ironnerd

Thanks for putting this out there!!  I am new as well to this forum but not to the game. I’ve been playing off and on since 1986.  I recently grabbed Young Grasshopper’s Global map and, using photoshop, placed all starting positions for pieces.  It really helps me figure my opening round strategy.  However, I could not find a suitable map for the Classic version until you posted it.  Thanks again!

• '17 '16

@ironnerd:

Hi all.
    I’m new to the forum. Started playing A&A when it came out from MB back in the late 1980’s. I gave my set away to a friend when I left for Army basic training.

But A&A originally was released by MB in 1984… that’s not the late 80s…  :|

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m