• '19

So I will do my best to explain these questions.  I have been playing every axis and allies game for years, but sometimes you always forget some rules lol.

1.  On turn one Japan did not declare war on the allies and moved its massive fleet off French Indo China with two infranty on a transport.  On UK’s turn, they sent a destroyer to join the huge Japanesse fleet off French Indo China.  That’s ok because they are not at war with each other yet and they can share the same sea zone.  Boom! Anzac declares war on Japan on its turn.  On Japan’s second turn that sea zone has now become hostile right?

2.  Since that sea zone which I’m pretty sure is hostile now, can the transport with two men unload into French Indochina? Or they can unload once the naval battle is over and Japan  obviously has  to win?

3. Last question:  since the sea zone which I think is again a hostile sea zone, can I bring in more naval units and transports with land units to unload? Or only on the non combat?

Let me know what you guys think.  Why does the UK destroyer have to make things miserable for everyone lol

• @Corpo24:

1.  On turn one Japan did not declare war on the allies and moved its massive fleet off French Indo China with two infranty on a transport.  On UK’s turn, they sent a destroyer to join the huge Japanesse fleet off French Indo China.  That’s ok because they are not at war with each other yet and they can share the same sea zone.  Boom! Anzac declares war on Japan on its turn.  On Japan’s second turn that sea zone has now become hostile right?

That’s correct. To be precise the seazone has become hostile at the moment ANZAC declared war.

@Corpo24:

2.  Since that sea zone which I’m pretty sure is hostile now, can the transport with two men unload into French Indochina? Or they can unload once the naval battle is over and Japan  obviously has  to win?

The “Sea Units Starting in Hostile Seazones”-rules (page 13, Pacific Rulebook) apply. Japan has to clear the seazone before unloading.

@Corpo24:

3. Last question:  since the sea zone which I think is again a hostile sea zone, can I bring in more naval units and transports with land units to unload? Or only on the non combat?

During the combat move phase you can of course bring additional units for the purpose of supporting the naval combat and the amphibious assault.
    In NCM you can bring additional units and unload, if the seazone is friendly then and the territory had been conquered before.

HTH :-)

• '19

Thank you Panther for the quick response! :)

• A follow up Question,

If you option to attack the Hostile Sea Zone, but then want to retreat, where do you retreat to, one Sea Zone near by?

BH

• @Bravehart:

If you option to attack the Hostile Sea Zone, but then want to retreat, where do you retreat to, one Sea Zone near by?

The retreat rules still apply:

@rulebook:

Condition B - Attacker Retreats
    The attacker (never the defender) can retreat during this step. Move all attacking land
    and sea units in that combat that are along the battle strip to a single adjacent friendly space
    from or through which at least 1 of the original attacking land or sea units moved. In the case
    of sea units, that space must have been friendly at the start of the turn. All such units must
    retreat together to the same territory or sea zone, regardless of where they came from.

So you need to establish a retreat route during the Combat Move Phase.
    It would be enough to leave the Seazone and come back to the Seazone with one ship.
    Or bring another ship (if possible).

HTH :-)

• Thanks P@nther for the re fresher answer!

I assume if your option is for an exit is better than to attack, get out fast!

In some cases, rare I know, your enemy may have you surrounded in adjacent Sea Zone’s, so you pick your best option.

BH

• China needs to legitimize their hold over these fake island bases theyve conjured up. Every time they challenge us or some other power over them, and we back down, it makes their foot-hold a little more legit.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m