• Hello,

I know that all chinese are limited in movement and occupation to their original territories. But whats about i.e. UK builds an airbase either in Kwangtung or Burma (doesnt matter why this should happen) and the Flying Tigers get stationed there?

Could they scramble?

Kind regards,
    N.

• Morning hecatomb.
    I am afraid not. The Ft cannot leave the territories designated in the rules. Sea Zones are not included in the list.

• Thanks for your fast answer, Wittmann. Honestly, I’d wish it would have sound different.  :wink:

I thought about because in ruleset theres spoken about active movement and occupation. So I hoped scramble could work.

Thanks!
    N.

• '19 '17 '16

Pretty difficult to get into a position where it might be possible. An airbase on Kwangtung or Burma are the only things which don’t depend on Japanese action. In the latter case, I’m assuming an airbase is not removed like an IC is when a Chinese territory is liberated.

• I also think there are not that much situations for this. :wink:

Its only for my, hm, call it personal wisdom. 8-)

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@simon33:

Pretty difficult to get into a position where it might be possible. An airbase on Kwangtung or Burma are the only things which don’t depend on Japanese action. In the latter case, I’m assuming an airbase is not removed like an IC is when a Chinese territory is liberated.

That’s correct, but China cannot repair a damaged base either. Once the base is out of commission, it is out of commission until someone other than China controls the territory and repairs the base.

Marsh

• On the subject of the Flying Tiger unit allocated to China, by the way, a nice way to provide a distinctive sculpt for it is to borrow a green American fighter sculpt from A&A 1941.  The 1941 Allied fighter in that game is a Curtiss P-40 Warhawk, the plane actually flown (famously painted with a shark mouth design) by the Flying Tigers.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m