• From experience,  iam sure everyone has their preference. Wanted to see what folks here choose and why. It’s a pretty simple question…

• Poll question ending is : " What happens after attack is irrelevant."

• '19 '17 '16

The tank is superior because if on the first round they hit once you are still attacking on a 3 in later rounds. That is a fact. What is a value judgement is whether this advantage is worth 2IPC to you. Often, it is but not always and I don’t always have a tank around when I’m doing the amphibious assault so the decision is made.

With the no retreat, I am assuming you are referring to amphibious assaults.

• The INF +ARM combo gives me flexibility and stability.
    First round would be a 33% chance on average to hit the defending unit, after that i would still have a 50/50 option left.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

The tank is superior because the total attack power for the second round diminishes by only 25%, not 50% as it would if your second unit was an artillery. The tank attacks at 3, whereas the artillery attacks at 2. Total attack power on round 1 is 4, and with the tank total attack power on round 2 is 3.

Marsh

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Inf + tank, for the reasons mentioned. Plus, that combo actually has a slightly better chance of killing the defender in the first round, though the difference is small.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m