3rd Ed Rules…(is this the right forum?)

• I am unclear on the submerging ability of subs in 3rd ed. Defending subs can submerge….ok, but then they resurface after combat. What if the defending side loses? does the sub resurface into enemy waters? How is that handled? Can a sub submerge AND then retreat later? Can attacking subs submerge? I know it’s a lot of questions, but “submerge” doesn’t tell me what that entails. Thanks.

-mike

• If you choose to submerge, you must give up the subs ability to counter attack, however it cannot be attacked again, so it’s safe.

If the enemy wins the battle, your sub will re-surface among the enemies. When it’s your turn again, you will either chose to stay (and battle the remaining ship(s)) or to move out of that specific sea-zone (this must also be done in the combat-movement phase)

I hope that enlightened you, I think it’s how they work, but maybe an oldbie can confirm :???:

Forever shall the wolf in me desire the sheep of you

[ This Message was edited by: Ulven on 2002-04-16 09:46 ]

• '19 Moderator

That is correct.

Cool signature, where did you get it?

• Don’t you have to wait until the first round of combat is over before submerging? I always played in this fashion.

• On 2002-04-16 09:45, Ulven wrote:
    If you choose to submerge, you must give up the subs ability to counter attack, however it cannot be attacked again, so it’s safe.

It may not be perfacty clear here, but yes you would have to survive one attack, then you can submerge rather than return fire.

• '19 Moderator

That was me, sorry.

• Huh! I always thought a SUBs submerging ability was the same as “withdrawing” in place–that is, you get a counterattack at any naval units attacking you and may then submerge or withdraw. That adds a different dynamic to things…

Ozone27

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m