• Hi I’m new to the game and I’m still trying to under stand the rules here it goes

1.can submarines or any naval ship attack ground units that are adjacent to it

2. Where do u put the ship when u get them from the Mobil table thing I have been putting them to the adjacent sea next to the factory

3.what does the special Attacks of the sub mean

4.do defenders lose dice before they roll for when they got hit or attack at full strength like it didn’t happen

5.so if 5 Germans infantry and 2 tanks attacks 3 Russian infantry do u use just the infantry to attack the infantry or can u use tank and infantry together to attack one thing

6. When u battle with infantry and tanks and the enemy has the same and can the infantry attack the tanks first or no

Sry for the long comment just really confused

• Morning Bubbamonkey323.
    1. No; Naval units cannot attack Ground units.
    2. You are right: they go in a SZ adjacent to a Factory, which that nation owns.
    3. If a Sub attacks naval units, which do not have a Destroyer (DD), with them, its  attack of two is thrown before all other units and if it hits, the defender had to remove a casualty straight away. This casualty does not get to shoot back (unless it is allocated to an undamaged Battleship). This is repeated every Round, that the defender does not have a DD in the Sea Zone.
    In Movement, the Sub can ignore Hostile SZs, unless they are occupied by a DD, in which case it would have to stop its movement.
    4. No. All combat is simultaneous. Defending units still shoot back.
    It is only for simplicity, that the rules say: do the attacker first, then defender.
    Obviously, the Sub rule above is an exception to this Rule.
    5. No. All 7 units (if in the same territory) attack the 3 Russians. It is best to roll the Tanks and Infantry separately, however.
    6. No. The defender chooses his own casualties (usually cheapest to replace first, naturally).

Please ask again, if unclear. We do hope you are enjoying your games.

• Thank you so much for the response so what I’m understanding is subs and can basically say don’t attack me because of the submerge

I think and it gets to roll 2 dice before every one but what if 2 subs attack a sub and a battleship so the subs would attack the battleship and then when they fought back would the battleship and the sub or just the battle ship

But everything else I get but one last thing if 5 infantry and a tank are in a territory when they fight since it says in the rules that u can fight to the death would you just use the infantry or can u use any unit over and over again basically saying infantry overrule the tank and it be un usable till all the infantry and done
    Also can air units attack ships and when and if a carrier goes down do the planes flee to a safe landing space or do they go down with the ship

• It is not two dice per Sub, sorry. It is one die, which hits on a roll of one or
    a two (3,4,5 and 6 would be a miss).
    If you had two Subs attack a Sub and Battleship, then the two attacking Subs would roll one die each, hitting on a one or a two. The defending Sub, would also get a Sneak, but it would only hit on a roll of one (2-6 would be misses). The defending Battleship would roll to hit on a 1-4 (5 and 6 being a miss), if it survived the two sneak rolls. (It would have, of course, because even if the two attacking Subs hit, the defender would lose his Sub and allocate the second hit to his Battleship, leaving it still alive to shoot back.

Re the ground battle: not quite sure what you are asking. I did explain earlier that all units in a territory fight and the owner of the units decides how to allocate his losses.

Air units can, indeed, hit naval units.
    Any Air units which survive a battle, when a Carrier is lost, have to land in the Non Combat phase. They can move one if they were defending. If attacking, they have what is left of their movement allowance.

• @Bubbamonkey323:

But everything else I get but one last thing if 5 infantry and a tank are in a territory when they fight since it says in the rules that u can fight to the death would you just use the infantry or can u use any unit over and over again basically saying infantry overrule the tank and it be un usable till all the infantry and done

As my good friend witt says, it is difficult to understand what you are asking, but I thought I would try to clarify by laying it out step by step. When you have read this please let us know whether it is now clear.

It does not make any difference whether those 5 infantry and 1 tank are in attack or defense, so for simplicity I will assume attack. Let’s say 1 tank and 1 infantry in defence:

Attacker rolls

• 5 inf at 1 or less in attack - they roll 5 dice and lets say that they score 1 hit
    • then 1 tank at 3 or less - roll one die and in this example it rolls a 4 and misses.

Defender takes casualties

• he chooses 1 inf as it costs less to replace and because the tank is more likely to kill an attacker
    • the defender’s chosen casualties remain in the game, but are put to one side as designated casualties.

Defender rolls

• for all his units including that which has only just been taken as a casualty
    • 1 inf at 2 or less in defence - throws a 2 and so scores a hit
    • 1 tank at 3 or less - throws a 3 and scores a hit.

Attacker takes casualties

• the defender scored 2 hits and the attacker elects to lose 2 infantry, because they cost less to replace and the tank is more likely to kill a defender.

End of battle round

• Both sides remove their casualties from the game
    • Attacker decides whether to continue or retreat - in this example he decides to continue.

Attacker rolls

• 3 surviving inf at 1 or less in attack - roll 3 dice and lets say that they all miss
    • then 1 tank at 3 or less - in this example it rolls a 1 and hits.

Defender takes casualties

• he only has 1 remaining unit - his tank - and so must choose that as his casualty
    • this remains in the game, but is put to one side as a designated casualty.

Defender rolls

• for all his units including that which has only just been taken as a casualty
    • he only has 1 tank left which hits at 3 or less - throws a 1 and scores a hit.

Attacker takes casualties

• the defender scored 1 hits and the attacker elects to lose 1 infantry, because it costs less to replace and the tank is more likely to be of value in future combats.

End of battle round

• Both sides remove their casualties from the game
    • The defender has no units left as he has lost both his inf and his tank.
    • The attacker has 2 inf and 1 tank left, all of which must move into the territory they attacked.

By laying it out step by step I hope I have allowed for any number of interpretation of your question!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m