Unload All Transports? Command Decision vs Airfields?

• '16

A&A Guadalcanal:

1. Combat Phase: Unload Transports/Destroyers- Must all units be unloaded, or can you maintain loaded ships?

2. Advantage Token: Quick Drop- Must all units in the sea zone be unloaded?

3. Advantage Token: Command Decision- Applies to Airfield attacks too? Unattended transports? (2 attacks on stuff that can’t shoot back)

Seems that rules allow for not all transports being unloaded. And I think this works for feints, allows for “oh sh*t” moments, so, interesting. And between rules and other Krieghund responses on forum, I kinda think attacking Airfields with CD is likely considered cricket as well. ? Viscious! Wonder your thoughts. Thanks!

btw, I love A&AGC. More props to Larry & co for this one. I see it getting plenty of flack (along with other beloved BotB) and just want to do my small part to tip scale the other way. Thanks for a great game, guys! And thanks to forum members too. I do extend victory points to minimum of 30 and then you gotta win by 5. It’s too much of a sprint for me to 15; it’s just getting meaty at that point! But otherwise OOB plays great for me (with advantage tokens!). But, then, I tend to love the drama of the dice! :-)

• Official Q&A

@SundownKid:

A&A Guadalcanal:

1. Combat Phase: Unload Transports/Destroyers- Must all units be unloaded, or can you maintain loaded ships?

You don’t have to unload them if you don’t want to.

@SundownKid:

1. Advantage Token: Quick Drop- Must all units in the sea zone be unloaded?

No.

@SundownKid:

1. Advantage Token: Command Decision- Applies to Airfield attacks too? Unattended transports? (2 attacks on stuff that can’t shoot back)

It applies to everything in the chosen step, including airfields.

@SundownKid:

Seems that rules allow for not all transports being unloaded. And I think this works for feints, allows for “oh sh*t” moments, so, interesting. And between rules and other Krieghund responses on forum, I kinda think attacking Airfields with CD is likely considered cricket as well. ? Viscious! Wonder your thoughts. Thanks!

btw, I love A&AGC. More props to Larry & co for this one. I see it getting plenty of flack (along with other beloved BotB) and just want to do my small part to tip scale the other way. Thanks for a great game, guys! And thanks to forum members too. I do extend victory points to minimum of 30 and then you gotta win by 5. It’s too much of a sprint for me to 15; it’s just getting meaty at that point! But otherwise OOB plays great for me (with advantage tokens!). But, then, I tend to love the drama of the dice! :-)

We’re glad you’re enjoying it!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m