• My thanks to anyone who is able to help with the following questions. Having just ordered 1914:

• I have been advised to buy an additional country markers. These are available from HBG. How many should I get?

• Also 5 inf for F, G, AH, R, UK & USA + 3 tanks for UK & USA. Any other suggestions?

• All but the R inf are out of stock at HBG. I have put myself on the waiting list in each case. How good are they at restocking? Or is there somewhere else I can get these?

Cheers
    PP

• Just found an HBG EU site but still lots of items unavailable.

This is all very frustrating!

I have e-mailed wizards.

• Just to register my thanks to Dukla Passer for the efforts he is currently making to find such units for me ….

Thanks very much Dukla. :-)

• Following Dukla’s efforts I have bought the country sets from HBG US. I ignored these previously as they don’t give me the units I want and incur a significant shipping charge, but it seems the best option I am going to get.

My thanks to Dukla Passer for being such a help. :-)

• '17 '16

I wish I could order some regular opponents for some face to face A&A… they too, are out of stock.

• Here’s a couple of options for you Wolf:

1. Move to the UK and join us at our quarterly Battle of Britain.

2. Get triple A and play some of us on this forum. It’s free.

Which seems easiest and cheapest? And if you met us you’d be glad it’s not face to face! :-D

• '17 '16

@Private:

Here’s a couple of options for you Wolf:

1. Move to the UK and join us at our quarterly Battle of Britain.

2. Get triple A and play some of us on this forum. It’s free.

Which seems easiest and cheapest? And if you met us you’d be glad it’s not face to face!

Easiest and cheapest?

3. You English folk move down across the pond to Florida… you know you want to see the sun!  :-D

• Just a warning Private Panic.  You won’t need THAT many units. All powers can run out of fighters (not really Ottoman, Italian, and American).  Only powers that need infantry are Germany, UK, Austria-Hungary.  Of course there are rare occurrences of other nations needing them. Tanks. Germany, Austria, UK will need them.  Ships are generally ok.  Just my opinion. Don’t buy more than necessary. Maybe play a game or two first to see what you specifically need.

• Thanks for the warning CdeG.

However, I did buy the country sets from HBG US and after paying customs duty and shipping charges it was not cheap.

It is VERY annoying that they sell this game with so few units.

• The worst blow is 12 German infantry.  Didn’t Larry notice that after setting up the game there is none left?     
    Don’t tell me his playtesters told him that Russia would knock one out…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m