Specific Round-by-Round Buys and Positioning for KJF?

• I think I’m pretty good at executing a KGF…against my friends. But having joined the league, it’s become clear to me that even in BalMod, KJF is essential. Otherwise, even a successful defeat of Barbarossa will be in vain, because Japan will have taken India and be set to take either Honolulu or Sydney, scoring a Pac win.

What are the go-to fleet buys and positioning for a KJF, as executed by league vets?

• a full KJF isn’t that strong a strategy because you then end up with a can’t-stop-Germany problem, but a “slow Japan first” strategy has quite a bit of merit

Doesn’t really require very specific bids, just stack the eastern Russian inf on Burytia with an eye to moving into Manchuria or Korea on R3/4, move their mobile units into southern China along with the air, US buys fleet off west coast (e.g. 3CV, 2CV/2FTR), India/China move to max threat on and eventually stack Yunnan, and ANZAC does whatever it takes to be most annoying.

• I start with a purchase of 3 CVs for the US.  You can get planes to fill them up later on.  It is nice to stack a bunch of fighters in Midway.  If the Japanese are careless, your planes can hit SZ 6 and then land on the carrier group in CZ7.  It doesn’t happen often, but is beautiful when you can pull off that raid.

On turn 2, I transition to subs and fighters as the primary way to damage their fleet.  You can also convoy raid their economy to bits if you can get a few subs into the appropriate sea locations.

Afterwards, I do mostly subs plus a destroyer.  Depending on the Japanese spending and success against China, I transition to the European side.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m