• Sponsor

GRASSHOPPER’S G40 CARD DECK

Hello everyone,

I would like to share with you my card deck customization in hopes that it improves your G40 gaming experience. They are available as professionally made card decks through artscow which can be accessed by clicking the following link …

http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/grasshopper-n15lei8zzj4y

Cheers,

YG

• '19 '18 '17 '16

Great job on creating the card deck!!  Absolutely love the artwork you chose for the breakthrough & optional rules cards. Thanks for your time and effort on this project; as well as the others you do for this game.

• Sponsor

@Hambone:

Great job on creating the card deck!!  Absolutely love the artwork you chose for the breakthrough & optional rules cards. Thanks for your time and effort on this project; as well as the others you do for this game.

Thanks Hambone, really appreciate that.

• Awesome cards, I’m sure I’ll use them in future games!

• We’ve been talking to YG about this.

How would people feel about a professionally manufactured version of these cards?
    What kind of price point would you consider to be reasonable?
    Full size “standard” cards (2.5 x 3.5 inches/64mm x 89mm) or another size?
    Two separate decks or an all-in-one deal?

• Sponsor

Here’s my 2 cents…

1 deck including all 37 oob national objective cards, 1 set of the first 12 development cards, and the R&D reference card for a total of 50. I would pay between $15 to $20 a deck before shipping. I personally wouldn’t create a deck, or include in the deck my house rule cards right now. You may want to gain some experience working with a generic gaming aid that should sell, and wait for some demand before risking inventory on a house rule game aid.

Note: For what it’s worth I have given IWNGU permission to use my file in this manner, I am not profiting personally from this customization in any way.

• '17 '16 '15

Wow.
    Above and beyond the service to the AA community YG.  On behalf of my small group of AA gamers here in Australia, Thank you.
    I’ll be printing these this week.
    Woody

• Sponsor

@WoodyWanKenobi:

Wow.
    Above and beyond the service to the AA community YG.  On behalf of my small group of AA gamers here in Australia, Thank you.
    I’ll be printing these this week.
    Woody

Thanks a lot Woody, really appreciate the praise… be sure to let me know how they turn out after you print them.

Cheers.

• Hi YG! I went to a printer shop today to print these cards for my upcoming game weekend. However, they seemed hassled and had no idea how to print it when it’s only one set of cards and the cards doesn’t have the same back side etc. Have you got any tricks I can throw back at them? :?

They kinda wanted me to fit the cards one-by-one on a srA3 sheet and then print them duplex like a visit card. However, that seemed kinda dump, then I’ll try print them myself on some high quality paper and see if I can align it correctly.

• Sponsor

@rydbirkjr:

Hi YG! I went to a printer shop today to print these cards for my upcoming game weekend. However, they seemed hassled and had no idea how to print it when it’s only one set of cards and the cards doesn’t have the same back side etc. Have you got any tricks I can throw back at them? :?

They kinda wanted me to fit the cards one-by-one on a srA3 sheet and then print them duplex like a visit card. However, that seemed kinda dump, then I’ll try print them myself on some high quality paper and see if I can align it correctly.

Sounds like they don’t want to do the work for a one off job, if they knew their stuff they would print the front file first, flip the card stock and print the back file on the same sheet… that would line all the fronts with the backs just from flipping the sheet and printing 2 separate files, than it’s just a cut and laminate job after that. I wouldn’t bother with them… find another print shop who’s more interested in helping you get what you want.

• I went back to them and they figured it out. I’ll get them tomorrow, looking forward to!

• Sponsor

@rydbirkjr:

I went back to them and they figured it out. I’ll get them tomorrow, looking forward to!

Cool, let me know if you’re happy with them and how they turned out.

• Hey, just got the cards from the printer. They’re great! I’m looking forward to play test those and the new NOs and the VOs this weekend.

Btw, the printer guy said that someone else came by with the same cards today to get them printed. You’ve got multiple fans here i Copenhagen, Denmark!

• Sponsor

@rydbirkjr:

Hey, just got the cards from the printer. They’re great! I’m looking forward to play test those and the new NOs and the VOs this weekend.

Btw, the printer guy said that someone else came by with the same cards today to get them printed. You’ve got multiple fans here i Copenhagen, Denmark!

Wow, that’s awesome… 2 different people getting my cards printed at the same print shop half way across the world… priceless.

• Thank you YG, for the time and effort you put in those cards! Really nice addition to the game!

• Sponsor

@Kamikaze_pilot:

Thank you YG, for the time and effort you put in those cards! Really nice addition to the game!

No problem, and thanks for taking the time to comment.

• i second that. the cards are great.

• Sponsor

@regularkid:

i second that. the cards are great.

Thanks RK.

• @rydbirkjr:

Hey, just got the cards from the printer. They’re great! I’m looking forward to play test those and the new NOs and the VOs this weekend.

What store is this? I live in Norway but I imagine it would be easier to have them make and mail it to me rather than try to find a company here and explain it to them.

Do you think the could make a YG’s gameboard of G40 as well?

• Sponsor

@Bass:

@rydbirkjr:

What store is this? I live in Norway but I imagine it would be easier to have them make and mail it to me rather than try to find a company here and explain it to them.

Do you think the could make a YG’s gameboard of G40 as well?

If they know their stuff, there shouldn’t be much to explain. Just give them the files and tell them you want a card set printed front and back, cut and laminated. If you want to reach someone for a question, you might have better luck sending them a private message. Click the members name and you will get the option.

Cheers.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m