• '17 '16 Customizer

When the US declares war on it’s 3rd non-com phase, the minor complexes are immediately converted to major and then the US can place 8 units in eastern US on it place units phase, right? Or do the complexes get converted on US’s next turn?

• No that’s not how it works. If an Axis power hasn’t declared war on the US before US3, then the US can declare war during the collect income phase, not the non-combat phase. I’m pretty sure the collect income phase is the final phase of your turn, so you would still have to abide by the production limit of the minor complexes on that turn.

• '17 '16 Customizer

so does that mean the US does not collect it’s NO’s. It say’s declare war at the beginning for the collect income phase. Is the beginning when you collect the cash? Just how much does the us collect then and when do the complexes get converted?

• You will collect from all your NOs, yes

• @creeping-deth87:

You will collect from all your NOs, yes

….and that explain why so many People claim that Axis is favored in this game …

• @Narvik:

@creeping-deth87:

You will collect from all your NOs, yes

What? I don’t understand the correlation between US NOs and game balance

• '15

@creeping-deth87:

No that’s not how it works. If an Axis power hasn’t declared war on the US before US3, then the US can declare war during the collect income phase, not the non-combat phase. I’m pretty sure the collect income phase is the final phase of your turn, so you would still have to abide by the production limit of the minor complexes on that turn.

What you’re saying makes sense, but I feel like any time I’ve played Triple A I have been able to place more than 3 per factory in this situation.  I’m curious about this one

• @Nippon-koku:

@creeping-deth87:

No that’s not how it works. If an Axis power hasn’t declared war on the US before US3, then the US can declare war during the collect income phase, not the non-combat phase. I’m pretty sure the collect income phase is the final phase of your turn, so you would still have to abide by the production limit of the minor complexes on that turn.

What you’re saying makes sense, but I feel like any time I’ve played Triple A I have been able to place more than 3 per factory in this situation.   I’m curious about this one

That is strictly against the rules as they are written. The collect income phase comes after the mobilize units phase, so there is no way you are permitted to mobilize more than 3 units per complex in that situation. Triple A used to come with a disclaimer (maybe it still does, it’s been a while since I’ve downloaded it) that using the software did not mean you didn’t need the rulebook. I believe this is one of those occasions where just because the program says you can doesn’t mean it’s legal.

• '19 '17 '16

@creeping-deth87:

@Narvik:

I think he’s being sarcastic and saying that the claim that Axis are favoured isn’t true. If I’m understand him right, I’m curious to know what moves he thinks make Allies strong?

• '17 '16 Customizer

The collect income phase comes after the mobilize units phase, so there is no way you are permitted to mobilize more than 3 units per complex in that situation. Triple A used to come with a disclaimer (maybe it still does, it’s been a while since I’ve downloaded it) that using the software did not mean you didn’t need the rulebook. I believe this is one of those occasions where just because the program says you can doesn’t mean it’s legal.

Now this clears it up. Thanks for the clarification.

• The Triple-A notes very clearly state that it is the players’ responsibility to know the rules and if that the Triple-A engine doesn’t get them 100% right.

• Sponsor

@simon33:

@creeping-deth87:

@Narvik:

I think he’s being sarcastic and saying that the claim that Axis are favoured isn’t true. If I’m understand him right, I’m curious to know what moves he thinks make Allies strong?

Narvik believes that the Allies are not being played properly, Here is his comment in Reply #2… he goes on to explain himself in Reply #4.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=37424.0

• '19 '17 '16

I’m confused. I played on Triple-A just the other day.

When I did my buy in round 3 I got a prompt telling me to reconsider my purchase because it exceeded the 9 unit maximum.

However, when I finished my non-combat my factories immediately plumped up into majors, suggesting to me that I could have gone with more units after all.

Is Triple-A wrong or are the people interpreting the rules wrong?

• '19 '17 '16

Triple-A is wrong. The factories are upgraded with the DOW which occurs after mobilise units.

• '19 '17 '16

@Young:

Narvik believes that the Allies are not being played properly, Here is his comment in Reply #2… he goes on to explain himself in Reply #4.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=37424.0

He still hasn’t explained what moves it is that he believes make the Allies strong.

• @Maddog77:

When the US declares war on it’s 3rd non-com phase, the minor complexes are immediately converted to major and then the US can place 8 units in eastern US on it place units phase, right? Or do the complexes get converted on US’s next turn?

Curious as to where you came up with the number 8. As minors produce 3 units and majors 10 units.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Larrie:

@Maddog77:

Curious as to where you came up with the number 8. As minors produce 3 units and majors 10 units.

The particular game we were playing at that moment, the US had 8 units it wanted to place, assuming the complexes were able to be converted……but we had it all wrong anyway as we learned from this thread.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m