• So basically, I bought my units on turn 1, deployed in germany at end. turn 2 i move my land units one province to eastern europe to try and support the russian front to attack before US gets to me. Turn 3 i can attack Russia (not really since they spent 3 turns BUYING INFANTRY ON THE IC RIGHT ON THE FRONT. I don’t see how I can invade Russia early on at all. they can reinforce their front in one turn and even at turn 2 they have 6 infantry and a tank to attack my 3 infantry. How is Germany expected to do anything before the allies can attack them? In the rule book it says I can’t move units after i mobilized them, so how am I supposed to attack Russia with overwhelming odds of success?

• Hi Gumphrey - and welcome to the forum :-)

Germany has a tremendous firepower advantage over Russia at the beginning of the game. However, its units are not concentrated and take longer to achieve that concentration than Russia, which can, if desired, have all its German front forces in one territory at the end of the first turn.

Germany also has a significant income advantage over Russia.

Russia has to survive long enough for Germany to find its firepower and income dissipated by having to fight Russia’s allies too.

Germany needs to time its offensive movements and logistical / mobilisation actions to ensure it can achieve its aims before Russia’s allies become too problematic.

These strategic conundrum’s and balances are what make A&A such a great game. Learning how to do it is part of the joy and my attempt not to rob you of that fun has resulted in this answer being overly opaque. Sorry!

• Great reply, Panic.

• Oh, and welcome and have fun, Grump!

• Thank you for the help gents  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m