• Wondering if anyone really builds a china IC. I think its viable to pressure japan with china, however you need heavy support from russia. So just wondering if anybody does this strategy.

• Japan usually take 3 of the 4 Chinese territories on turn 1, and the fourth the next turn, so there’s no time.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

There is no space in China worth the 2 ipcs necessary to serve as a viable factory location. 15 ipcs for just 1 production is way too low to make such a buy worth it, even if the Chinese tiles were defensible (which they’re clearly not) it’d still be a poor investment of US cash.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

One time I used an 8 IPC bid to put an American artillery in Szechuan and a British artillery in India. I sent over about 3 Russian infantry to reinforce China, sacrificed the British Indian transport to deliver 1 inf, 1 art to Yunnan, and sacrificed the British carrier and fighter to kill one of the Japanese transports, landing the fighter in Yunnan.

Japan ignored all the extra forces and used a standard opening in China, so I was able to build a factory in Sinkiang and protect it long enough to crank out 3 American tanks. The factory actually never fell to the Japanese – it was taken by the Germans pushing through Archangel and Evenki past a relatively weak Russia. The British were able to liberate the factory, but only by diverting a stack of tanks from India that could have been better used in the Caucasus. I was able to build another couple of American infantry out of the factory, and after that the Americans had better stuff to do with their cash than keep fighting over China.

Did I get my money’s worth for the 15 IPC on the factory? Hard to say. I wouldn’t say a Chinese factory is never useful in 1942.2, but it’s probably safe to say that it’s not a serious part of optimal play.

• TripleA

15 ipc for ic 18 for 3 tank = 33 ipc

you better off flying 1 bomber and 2 fighter and just attacking with that.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Sure, as a matter of combat value, the planes are better. The issue is that America tends to literally run out of combat units in China by round 2 or 3 – all their infantry are dead, so they have nothing to take or trade territories with. Since the point of even a successful Chinese campaign is to delay Japan’s progress west rather than to actually defeat the Japanese army, not being able to capture territories is a huge problem – you can bomb a stack of Japanese tanks to hell, but the tanks will still move an average of 2 spaces per turn. If you can capture a territory, sometimes you can reduce the movement rate back down to 1 space per turn or even 1 space every other turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m