• Im trying different strategies to see if I can come up with a formula for Axis victory in the Europe edition.  Here’s my thought….

1. Germany first move to take out as much of UK’s atlantic fleet as possible, using subs, the battleship and the luftwaffe.  I expect in most cases this will cost some to most of german’s air fleet.  German’s first build:  minor IC in romania, sub and transport (to fake sea lion)

2. Italy first move…stockpile troops in alexandria…take gibraltar and see if they can do anything against the UK fleet in Egypt.  Buy a transport, 2 inf and an art.  Move strategic bomber into africa to disrupt the IC in south africa.

Also, as a side note, what is everyone’s thought about Italy declaring war on Russia during it’s second turn by bringing a transport and support into Caucasus?

Pros and Cons of this thought?

• I just realized that I cant invade through turkey unless I declare war on all strict neutrals.  is there a big downside to that??  Sorry for all the noob questions…just trying to think outside the box.

• Morning fatal papercut.
    Unless Germany conquered Sweden, it would lose the NO for its Iron Ore, as Sweden would now be Allied Friendly.
    America could also move into S America and get a lot of extra income within a few turns. The UK could do the same in Africa.
    Also, America could now land in Spain and be right by France, perhaps threatening Paris.

• @fatal_papercut:

I just realized that I cant invade through turkey unless I declare war on all strict neutrals.  is there a big downside to that??Â

The downside is that, when you invade a strict neutral, every other strict neutral starts to lean in the direction of your opponents: if you’re an Axis power, all the strict neutrals become pro-Alllied; if you’re an Allied power, all the strict neutrals become pro-Axis.  This means that your opponents can walk into those countries and take control of their income (if applicable) and their standing armies (if applicable), without meeting any opposition, whereas you can’t do the same: if you enter a “pro-the-other-side” country, it behaves like an enemy and you’ll have to fight its standing army, if it has one (check for the silhouette of an infantryman on the map, with a number next to it indicating how many infantry units are present).  In essence, invading a strict neutral gives your opponents the chance to pick up lots of free infantry units.  (Incidentally, invading a strict neutral doesn’t exactly involve “declaring war” on the strict neutrals in the same sense as declaring war on a player power; it simply changes the political status of the strict neutrals.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m