• If on Germanys turn the sub from sea zone 16 does a surprise strike and sinks the uk aircraft carrier  in sz 14, does the uk fighter land somewhere immediately or during the uk players turn (noncombat move phase)? And if it can land on uks player turn, can it participate in combat  uk turn? Please help.

• The fighter has to land on Gibraltar after the battle so it can participate in combat on UK’s turn.
    I’m pretty sure that in the rules it said that if a carrier was sunk and it had fighter(s) on it those fighter(s) have 1 space to move to a adjacent friendly territory if not it dies. I may be wrong on this so someone can correct me if I am wrong.

• Correct:

@rulebook:

A fighter based on a defending carrier must land on the same carrier if possible after the battle. If that carrier is destroyed in
    combat, the fighter must try to land elsewhere. It must land on a different friendly carrier in the same sea zone, move 1 space
    to a friendly territory, island, or aircraft carrier, or be destroyed. This movement occurs during the Noncombat Move phase,
    before the acting player makes any noncombat moves. Carrier-based fighters are always considered to be defending in the air,
    even if only submarines are attacking.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m