• What is the approximate playing time of the '41 game?  Approximate number of rounds?

I’ve been reading in these forums that the game tends to drag with the “infantry push”.  Just wondering if the game actually takes longer than advertised or if it just seems that way because of the infantry push.  Haven’t had a chance to play this myself yet.

• Hi IdaRed

In my 5 months / 12-ish games experience, 1941 takes on average around 2.5 hours to play. Last night was almost exactly 2.5 hours.

It will depend on how aggressive and how experienced the players are. Last night’s game included a couple of slower newish players, so perhaps it would have been 2 hours otherwise.

Cheers
    PP

• When I played with with 4 new players, after I finished explaining the rules, it took 3.5-4 hours (and we didn’t actually finish; we just declared an Axis victory because it was midnight and Moscow had fallen).

• @calvinhobbesliker:

When I played with with 4 new players, after I finished explaining the rules, it took 3.5-4 hours (and we didn’t actually finish; we just declared an Axis victory because it was midnight and Moscow had fallen).

Happy to agree with that for a first teaching game :-)

• Hi IdaRed

wittman tells me that 2.5 hours is very quick for a 1941 game. Perhaps we are very aggressive? Or our games are error strewn? In our last game - which took exactly that - 4 capitals were taken: London, Moscow and Tokyo (twice).

Thought I would share in case I have mislead you.

Cheers
    PP

• @calvinhobbesliker:

When I played with with 4 new players, after I finished explaining the rules, it took 3.5-4 hours (and we didn’t actually finish; we just declared an Axis victory because it was midnight and Moscow had fallen).

I seem to take four hours even then like you it is because Moscow had fallen.
    And the country that won was Japan because it had reached 25 ipc. I know that
    an economic victory is not in the instructions but it does seem take along time.

I am getting 1942SE for Christmas, I think perhaps no doubt this will take longer still!

• @Grhm:

I am getting 1942SE for Christmas, I think perhaps no doubt this will take longer still!

Yes it will Grhm. Typically a whole day of fun to look forward to.

• I am getting 1942SE for Christmas, I think perhaps no doubt this will take longer still! Yes it will Grhm. Typically a whole day of fun to look forward to.

This explains why New Years is A&A players favorite day of the year. You can start in the morning and end in the morning lol. No joke though….this past new year celebration I started a game with some friends at around 10 A.M. taking brakes for meals and celebrations totallying about 4 hrs and we didn’t stop until 3 in the morning. Of course–Global 1940

• two to hour hours, depends on how aggressive the game is played. We played a game where the US Pacific Fleet and the Imperial Japanese Fleet did not engage in combat until eight rounds! The reason for this was two inexperience players. It led to a giant Plan Orange style of fleet combat with the U.S winning.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m