• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Can someone please explain  :?

Assuming Italy takes Anglo-Egyptian Sudan with 1 inf. Then a lot of people attck this inf with the two ANZAC inf. I dont understand why this is a good move. Can someone please help me?

• I can imagine that ANZAC sometimes can predict that Egypt is (temporarily) going to be abandoned next turn and their dudes there have to do something now (else they will be the sole defenders against Italy next turn). So then it is either attack south or retreat north. If their attack succeeds, the UK can land their aircraft next turn in Anglo, strengthening their position there.

If there is no immediate ‘retreat order’ on the UK for next turn, ANZAC emptying Anglo can also pave the way, i.e. ‘can open’ this area for the UK ARM + MECH into Ethiopia and Kenia.

Or, simply they provide a better landing spot for UK aircraft next turn.

Right now I can’t think of anything else.

• @ItIsILeClerc:

Right now I can’t think of anything else.

……they do it to harass the Italian player ?

• Me personally, I wouldn’t attack 1 Italian INF with 2ANZAC dudes when the UK can hit them so much harder and with much less risk, if there was no other reason than just plain and simple to remove the Italian INF from Anglo. I think that’s why oysteilo is asking.
    I think the situations I described all qualify as harassing the Italians, with more purpose than just to remove that INF.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@ItIsILeClerc:

Me personally, I wouldn’t attack 1 Italian INF with 2ANZAC dudes when the UK can hit them so much harder and with much less risk, if there was no other reason than just plain and simple to remove the Italian INF from Anglo. I think that’s why oysteilo is asking.
    I think the situations I described all qualify as harassing the Italians, with more purpose than just to remove that INF.

This is exactely my point. I also see few situations where sudan is required as a landing spot for UK planes on turn 2. Still this move is done frequently.

• @oysteilo:

@ItIsILeClerc:

Me personally, I wouldn’t attack 1 Italian INF with 2ANZAC dudes when the UK can hit them so much harder and with much less risk, if there was no other reason than just plain and simple to remove the Italian INF from Anglo. I think that’s why oysteilo is asking.

This is exactely my point. I also see few situations where sudan is required as a landing spot for UK planes on turn 2. Still this move is done frequently.

It just makes things so much easier for the UK if that is taken out.  They can wipe out all of Italy from sub-saharan africa turn 2 with ease if they skip Ethiopia round 1.  Essentially, opens more options for the UK and frees up units for elsewhere.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I have often heard the argument “What else are they going to do!”.  And sometimes it’s just better to use units you can when the opportunity arises.

That said…  I like to send those 2 inf to Russia!  They matter!

• @Gargantua:

I have often heard the argument “What else are they going to do!”.  And sometimes it’s just better to use units you can when the opportunity arises.

That said…  I like to send those 2 inf to Russia!  They matter!

I like that. And yes, in this game, every rat that can make it into Moscow matters :-D.

Disclaimer: I am not comparing Aussies with Rats. Any possible similarities are unintentional. At least I never found one  :lol:.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m