• Hi, where to buy AXIS & ALLIES REVISED EDITION?

I will not pay 150$ , so can you find a good site with good prize?
    On ebay there is one on 60$ but with 40$ payment for trasnport.

Any suggestion?
    I rellay want this game; is ok also if you find game used (not new).

Thanks, see you =)

• Customizer

Revised can easily be found for less $50.00 USD. I bought a copy (I own five) for less than $20 at a used book store. The only time you’re going to have to shell out a ton of money for this game is if you are buying a brand-new, sealed copy. Just keep watching eBay.

A second tip is just to buy a used board from eBay and download the PDF manual from Wizard’s of the Coast’s website. If you don’t already have a newer edition of A&A you can get the current WWII versions for a cheap price and just use those pieces and the PDF to play Revised. Very easy. Revised is a favorite of mine also.

Good luck!

• on ebay there are no axis & allies revised edition.

Just a question, revised edition is a full game OR you need the original A&A to play?

LInk me a store please

• It is a full game, Elkikko.
    Good luck in your search.

• in which game there are a lot of units like artilery, mechanized artilery …
    And which is the best version of the game?

• I don’t own Revised.

No game has Mechanised Artillery. I think the first Mech Inf came in 1942 (2009, I think) 1st Edition.

Are you desperate for Revised. I did see two games on eBay for $35, incidentally.
    I would suggest 1942, 2nd Edition, not sure what it costs brand new in the U.S., as I am in England. Is a very good game.

• @wittmann:

No game has Mechanised Artillery. I think the first Mech Inf came in 1942 (2009, I think) 1st Edition.

AFAIK Mech Inf was a technological breakthrough in AA50:
    “Mechanized Infantry. Each infantry that is matched up with a tank can move two spaces along with the tank.”

As a standalone unit Mech Inf was introduced in Europe/Pacific/Global 1940, I think.

Edit:
    I found Mech Inf in the revised (2004) ruleset (US national advantages, optional rules), too:
    “Mechanized Infantry
    With its  Fleets of trucks, the U.S. Army was the most mobile force of soldiers in World War II.
    Your infantry have a move of 2 and may blitz just as tanks do.”

• Which is the best?

• Thanks Panther. You are probably right about the Mech only coming in 1940. Again, I don’t own the 1st Edition of 42. I was lucky enough to be bought Anniversary as a wedding gift, so decided 1942 was unnecessary.
    Elkikko, if you want a better game with more complex rules and the Mechanised Inf unit, get 1942 2nd Edition or go mad and buy Global or just one half of 1940, to see if you like it.
    The newer games are better, but won’t be found at a bargain price.
    Please tell us what you decide and what you think.
    Or ask further questions. Others will give their opinions.

• i Only want the best version you know. Dont worry for the prize

• @elkikko:

i Only want the best version you know. Dont worry for the prize

The question of what A&A game to buy has been asked from time to time, and these threads will provide some of the answers that people have offered:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=32521.0

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=32786.0

• i found this: boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/10093/axis-allies
    is from german, but the game is always in english? I dont want want a german game, how is important the language on this game?

• I believe there are no copies in a different language. The rules will be in English, I am sure. You can always ask. I can’t see a link to look for myself.

Is there not a shop in the country where you are? That way you will save on postage.

• @elkikko:

… is from german, but the game is always in english? I dont want want a german game, …

All original Axis and Allies games that are sold here in Germany are U.S. imported.
    You can buy them via Amazon.de or other Game stores and ebay of course.

I never saw a German A&A game.

But if you could post a link to the game I will look into it.

• @P@nther:

@elkikko:

… is from german, but the game is always in english? I dont want want a german game, …

All original Axis and Allies games that are sold here in Germany are U.S. imported.
    You can buy them via Amazon.de or other Game stores and ebay of course.

I never saw a German A&A game.

But if you could post a link to the game I will look into it.

Thanks. I love the version with biggest map, most complicated and with a Lot of units.
    But I also want the better balanced, so the best for you.
    Is revised? There are better versions? I love have many kind of terran units

What i expext is units like mechanized, rockets, tank, super tank, helicopters,…. But only if the version is the best for you

• Then, if money does not matter, buy Europe1940 2nd edition and Pacific1940 2nd edition and combine them to Global1940 2nd edition.
    From the A&A games this is definitely the biggest, most complicated game with lots of (different) units.

If money is an issue, buy ‘1942, 2nd Edition’ - it covers the latest ruleset - but is a simplification of course.

No reason to buy a game as outdated as Revised (except for collecting purposes), IMHO.

@elkikko:

What i expext is units like mechanized, rockets, tank, super tank, helicopters,… But only if the version is the best for you

So the above mentioned Global comes close to your needs (though you won’t find all those units you mentioned).

• @P@nther:

Then, if money does not matter, buy Europe1940 2nd edition and Pacific1940 2nd edition and combine them to Global1940 2nd edition.
    From the A&A games this is definitely the biggest, most complicated game with lots of (different) units.

If money is an issue, buy ‘1942, 2nd Edition’ - it covers the latest ruleset - but is a simplification of course.

No reason to buy a game as outdated as Revised (except for collecting purposes), IMHO.

@elkikko:

What i expext is units like mechanized, rockets, tank, super tank, helicopters,… But only if the version is the best for you

So the above mentioned Global comes close to your needs (though you won’t find all those units you mentioned).

Thank you a Lot!
    Sorry, I Will buy only one version. So, which to buy? Thanks

• @elkikko:

Thank you a Lot!

One version? You mean one game?
    Well, that leaves only ‘1942 2nd Edition’, IMHO.

If you are ready to buy two games to combine them into the largest one - then consider to buy Europe1940+Pacific1940=Global1940 (2nd edition each).

• @P@nther:

@elkikko:

Thank you a Lot!

One version? You mean one game?
    Well, that leaves only ‘1942 2nd Edition’, IMHO.

If you are ready to buy two games to combine them into the largest one - then consider to buy Europe1940+Pacific1940=Global1940 (2nd edition each).

Ok, so 1942 second edition od the best, good

the only problem is that this version has not entire world map, isnt it?
    The north territory of the world are out of platform.
    look
    http://www.axisandallies.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/20120605-223907.jpg

I love this map:
    http://www.kmistudio.com/blog/siteassets/gallery/map-art/Kurt_Miller_Axis_and_Allies.jpg

• The first link you posted shows an image that is from the 1941 game. That is another game.

Find images of 1942 2nd Edition here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/p/axis-allies-1942-second-edition-preview-map-and-setup/

It covers the whole world except north and south poles.

The map shown with the second link you posted is not an official A&A game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m