• Hey all,
    I’ve been around the forum for about three, four years and am just now starting to post haha. I have about 6-7 of these games including global, and I have to say that AH really got this one right.
    Around here, I see alot of people rightly complaining about the 1914, just in general. The lack of pieces, the asinine IPC chart (who thought that was a good idea?) and the laughable “balance” of the game OOB. I for one, did not care for the original 1942 because the board was too dang cramped! Pieces piled into Germany and sea zones in the pacific got crowded after three ships.

But, although I am a active member of the BMW (bi+ch, moan and whine) society, I do want to take the time to tell Larry and the folks at AH (although they will never really see this) that they really did a fine job with this game! Germany finally has some space, the IPC chart isn’t larger than the board, the new chips are small enough for the game spaces and the balance is perfect. Sure, the allies could use 4-5 IPCs, but that is pretty dang good! I’ve only played it a couple times (gotta love Christmas gifts) but already it is one of my favorites. The map really allows for more strategies but still allows me to have a life.
    In all, I have seen a lot of people (me included) quite fairly say that some games were out of wack (pacific 1940?). But, if I get pissed then, I think it is only fair that I say that this game is quite possibly my favorite out of 7ish games, and that AH really got it right!  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m