• Hello everyone;
    I am just a beginner in this game.
    I don’t know how to use dices.
    In units informations, for example, Battleships have ‘‘Attack:4’’ means that we will throw 4 dice ?
    What if we had more than 2 battleships ?
    We will throw 4 dice , twice ?

• Number of units attacking = number of dice to throw
    • Attack:4 means you get a hit if you get 4 or less on the dice.

If you attack with 2 battleships, you throw 2 dice. If you get a 2 and a 5, you score 1 hit. Since 2 is “4 or lower”.

• Thank you so much.
    For example, I attack with 3 inf, 2 tanks, 1 artillary and 1 fighter.
    And defender has 3 inf, 1 tank, 1 AA gun.
    Well we have to roll dice for each units ? I mean rolling dice for infantries and then rolling for tank battle and rolling for fighter vs AA gun ? Or we roll all die non-spesific ?
    As I know, attacker will be like 2x1(inf with artillery), 1x2(inf), 3x2(tank), 2x1(artillery), 3x1(figher) and defender will be like ; 2x3(inf),3x1(tank) and 3 times shoot for every ‘‘1’’ value of dice by AA gun I think.
    I really need details. It would be a great example if I had a video while players rolling dice and how to make comment of it :)

• @Dr.Handsome:

For example, I attack with 3 inf, 2 tanks, 1 artillary and 1 fighter.
    And defender has 3 inf, 1 tank, 1 AA gun.

First of all I recommend that you use the battle strip that you find in your game box.

Place all attacking units according to their attack value as well as all defending units accoring to their
    defense value.

For the attacker that is

2 units that score at ‘1’ (2 inf)
    2 units that score at ‘2’ or less (inf+art)
    3 units that score at ‘3’ or less (2 tanks, 1 fig)

For the defender that is

3 units that score at ‘2’ or less (3 inf)
    1 unit that scores at ‘3’ or less (1 tank)
    The AA gun has no defensive value but can be taken as casualty.

As the defender has an AA gun, at first the AA fire will be resolved.
    The attacker brings only one fighter so the AA gun fires only once.
    Roll a die. If the result is “1” the fighter will be immediately taken out of the game.

Let us now assume that the fighter survives.

The attacker now rolls for all units with an attack value of ‘1’ (two units=two dice). Count the hits.
    Then he rolls for all units with an attack value of ‘2’ (two units=two dice). Count the hits.
    Then he rolls for all units with an attack value of ‘3’ (three units=three dice). Count the hits.

Sum up the hits scored. The defender now has to assign all hits to units of his choice
    (including the AA-gun). The casualties are moved behind the casualty strip.
    But they can fire back (except the AA-gun of course) before being removed from the game.

The defender now rolls for all units with a defense value of ‘2’ (three units=three dice). Count the hits.
    Then he rolls for the tank that has a defense value of “3” (one unit=one die). Add the eventual hit.

The attacker has to choose his casualties. All casualties are removed from the game then.

The attacker either has captured the territory, or retreats or continues the battle.

HTH :-)

• Thanks man :) Really useful informations. I took your many times.
    Both sides roll and then according to hits, enemy choose which units will be damaged.
    I just didn’t understand that attacker makes hit but defender use his all units at defend.
    Why don’t defender units die in attack?
    Why are they counted as a casualty?
    Isn’t that right that defender use only his rest of units which remained after attacker kill defender’s units?

• You have to understand Attack and defence rolls (both sides) are simultaneous. For ease of play, the attacker  rolls first. His hits are counted. The defender chooses his losses. But they are not dead yet. They still get to shoot back. If he puts the units he chooses to lose on the Battle Strip, they can be removed ATTER he has rolled his defence.

Some units have different Attack and Defence rolls. This difference simply reflects some units being better suited to Attack or defence.

After both sides have rolled once for each unit and the losses are removed, the attacker decides if he wishes to continue for a second round. Of course if one side has lost all his units, you already have a winner. If it was a land battle and the territory was captured from the defender, add the income to the Tracker.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m