• Can ships participate in convoy attacks even if they have already preticipated in a battle that turn? Thanks.

• In the Collect Income Phase, the  nation which has just had its go,  has to check there  are no enemy ships/Air on Carriers in any SZ, with a Convoy Box sign, bordering a territory it owns.  It doesn’t matter if there has been combat by the enemy units or not.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

So the short answer is: Yes.

• Sponsor

I think Wittmann was right to give the long answer, as the original question gave an impression that the op was misunderstanding the way disruptions work.

• People keep saying, u can divide a single convoy dice between 2 countries.  Basically, a lone destroyer can convoy 2 from egypt, and 1 from TJ if it rolls a 3.  I was under the impression that this is not possible.

• '17 '16 '15

hmm… IDK. Doesn’t sound as if it should be but ?
    maybe they’re tight into Suez and are broadsiding both sides

• Customizer

Yes, you can convoy raid several territories that border the same sea zone with a convoy symbol. In the example above, an axis warship could convoy raid the UK for Egypt and Trans-Jordan then later convoy raid France for Syria (that is of course if Paris was back under French control).
    Think about sea zone 97. That sea zone borders Southern Italy, Northern Italy, Yugoslavia, Albania and Greece. So there is a possibility of 12 IPCs to be convoyed there if you have enough Allied ships and/or subs to do the job. Also, if Germany took Yugoslavia and/or Greece, you get to convoy raid on Germany’s turn as well as Italy’s.

• @ghr2:

People keep saying, u can divide a single convoy dice between 2 countries.  Basically, a lone destroyer can convoy 2 from egypt, and 1 from TJ if it rolls a 3.  I was under the impression that this is not possible.

Yeah, since both those sea zones border the convoy zone, you can raid the UK for all three IPCs. I agree it’s a little quirky when you only have one destroyer doing the raiding, but it would still have to be a fairly lucky roll.

• @knp7765:

Yes, you can convoy raid several territories that border the same sea zone with a convoy symbol. In the example above, an axis warship could convoy raid the UK for Egypt and Trans-Jordan then later convoy raid France for Syria (that is of course if Paris was back under French control).
    Think about sea zone 97. That sea zone borders Southern Italy, Northern Italy, Yugoslavia, Albania and Greece. So there is a possibility of 12 IPCs to be convoyed there if you have enough Allied ships and/or subs to do the job. Also, if Germany took Yugoslavia and/or Greece, you get to convoy raid on Germany’s turn as well as Italy’s.

You may of missed the point of my post.

• '22 '16

@ghr2:

People keep saying, u can divide a single convoy dice between 2 countries.  Basically, a lone destroyer can convoy 2 from egypt, and 1 from TJ if it rolls a 3.  I was under the impression that this is not possible.

I believe you can only convoy disrupt up to the value of the bordering territories in that sz for each power controlling it.  So assuming Egypt and TJ were owned by the same power then yes 1 destroyer could disrupt for 3 if it rolled a 3.  If differing powers owned the territories then the destroyer could disrupt on each of those powers turns but only up to the value of the territory they control.  Hope that helps and I believe I am right, but I’ve been wrong before.  Just ask my wife!

• @majikforce:

@ghr2:

I believe you can only convoy disrupt up to the value of the bordering territories in that sz for each power controlling it.  So assuming Egypt and TJ were owned by the same power then yes 1 destroyer could disrupt for 3 if it rolled a 3.  If differing powers owned the territories then the destroyer could disrupt on each of those powers turns but only up to the value of the territory they control.  Hope that helps and I believe I am right, but I’ve been wrong before.  Just ask my wife!

Seems to me the most logical answer! How could you convoy hunt a power who is not at that time collecting income?!?!

• Sponsor

Here’s my tutorial video on convoy disruptions…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwQXKKDORaI

• I just have a hard time accepting that a 1 die roll can be a 3 and it get be used to disrupt a seazone that has, for instance, a 1 ipc territory and a 2 ipc territory that are both controlled by the same power.  My understanding is that it can only disrupt 2 cause you need to apply at least 1 successful die roll to each territory that is being rolled for.

• Well, you’re thinking about it sort of in the wrong way. You aren’t applying the die roll to the territories next to the sea zone, you are applying the die rolls to the sea zone itself, representing shipping passing through that sea zone, and the maximum value you can disrupt is the value of the territories next to the sea zone.

• Sponsor

Perhaps my explanation in the video was confusing in that sense, my goal was to help people use the rule properly, but yes… the hits are applied to the convoy zone, and it’s the total value of the adjacent territories that cap the damage.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m