Read & try this to balance this game :-)

• USA 29 inf 13 art 8 tank UK 35 inf 15 art 6 tank if you add all those units the Allies have 162 attack power VS 212 defence power. Now for Germany 50 inf 33 art 23 tank give them 185 attack power VS 235 defence.

on my next game whit the tactic and fortune card im going to give the Allies tank a defence value of 3 so that way we will have 162 attack & 226 defence VS Germany 185 attack & 235 defence.

it only +14 defence for the Allies but i think it can help them hold key spot.

• ok me and my friend have tried this game whit allies tank defend on 3 or less and the optional rule for navy to be able to target land units too on beach. both game we played where allies lost one game the allies lost by 2 turn and i did roll twice the fortune event allowing the allies to get out of only 2 beach box :-(

next game where going to try the same rule but this time we will get the allies 1 re-roll dice for the fortune card only wich mean during the game the allies can re-roll one bad luck roll and hope to get something better.

• I dont think it needs balancing,  I can win with both and its always a close game right up to turn 9.

• Using the Smorey Swamp tournaments rules (linked below) we have found the game evens out if the Allies get a bid of 6-7. We are still trying different amounts but maybe you could try a bid as opposed to changing any rules.

http://smo63.fatcow.com/pdf/AADDaytourneyrules2016.pdf

• We been playing with the rule changes but next game we will try it. Just gonna go with a flat of giving the allies 3 or 4 inf at start of game. Be first time without fortune cards.

• Maybe go 2 infantry if you are going to do it by amount of units not cost of units. We tried a bid of 9 (3 inf were placed) and the axis got steam rolled each time.

• @Slip:

Maybe go 2 infantry if you are going to do it by amount of units not cost of units. We tried a bid of 9 (3 inf were placed) and the axis got steam rolled each time.

So your saying with fortune cards not in game Allies win 40% of the time without 2 inf but 60% with the 2 inf bid?

• @SS:

@Slip:

Maybe go 2 infantry if you are going to do it by amount of units not cost of units. We tried a bid of 9 (3 inf were placed) and the axis got steam rolled each time.

So your saying with fortune cards not in game Allies win 40% of the time without 2 inf but 60% with the 2 inf bid?

Negative. I am saying a bid of 6 where the allies placed 2 inf resulted in balanced matches whereas a bid of 9 where the Allies placed 3 infantry lead to strong allied victories.

Obviously, skill, dice and players use of the tactics cards all contribute to the end game result however if you are using a bid for the first time I am just making the suggestion that a bid of 6-7 is a good starting point. That way your group can play a few games and work out if you need more or less.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m