• I saw this question posed by Bordeaux on 13 April 2013 but cannot find a response :-(: If you capture an enemy capital city, on your next turn, can you place new land units on their capital city? Also can new Naval units be placed in their sea zones?  This would seem natural as in previous versions but I cannot find it in the rulebook or in the forum.  Also in WWII 1942 there were some excellent templates published that had the setup cards for each country.  Are there any available for WWI?

• Official Q&A

@genken:

If you capture an enemy capital city, on your next turn, can you place new land units on their capital city? Also can new Naval units be placed in their sea zones?

No.

@genken:

This would seem natural as in previous versions but I cannot find it in the rulebook or in the forum.

There are many differences between this game and the WW-II games.  It was a different time.

• Customizer

I’m still waiting for someone to give a plausible historical example of a power building units at a captured capital/factory/industrial centre in WWII.

Even “liberated” capitals are dubious; the example of France in 1944/5 shows that it was more economical to outfit new French units with American equipment than put French factories back into production.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m