• What are your experiences with building an Industrial Complex in Romania R1 or R2? Usually army group south of my Operation Barbarossa is the hardest to re-supply being the farthest away from Germany.

A R1 buy of an IC in Romania could mean that by R3/R4 you could have massive amounts of Germans spilling into Russia north, south and center.

• So a Major factory in Romania would cost 30. The best part about a factory there is that you can build infantry/arty for longer. You would have to build 30 infantry just to make the factory worth is because instead of building say 30 mechs at 4 dollars for 120, it would be 30 inf at 3 for 90. The problem is that you will almost never do that, and the 2 movement on the mechs are very nice for skirting around Russia taking all his money, or just diving south to take out the oil fields.

• Yeah, Mech usually takes over as the dominant land unit in the German army as it draws closer to Moscow. I think you are right in that those 30 IPCs needed for the IC would probably be better used for massive Inf/Art buys in R1. Those units are vital for the push to Moscow. Perhaps a Minor Industrial Complex could work better?

• The minor has the same problem, but it is even worse because you can only build 3 units on it. Later in the game when you have taken the Russian IC’s you will no long need to produce on the Romanian IC. Why not just build mechs instead of spending 12 on a factory that is only good for 3-4 turns.

• Its useful if you think the Allies are going to activate the true neutrals…. placing 5 TT (Ukraine and Romania) and a BB lets you load up those Turkish units and be one move from Cairo.

Cairo is going to have a hard time dealing with all those units flooding in every turn once you establish the TT rotation.

I wouldn’t build a major, however.  Minor would be sufficient for such a strategy.

• I agree with the Monster of course, and IMHO the only minor IC that pay off for Germany is in Jugoslavia so you can put a tranny there and sail a man over to Egypt and collect the 5 IPC NO.

• @Narvik:

I agree with the Monster of course, and IMHO the only minor IC that pay off for Germany is in Jugoslavia so you can put a tranny there and sail a man over to Egypt and collect the 5 IPC NO.

Have Italy build the Tranny and load the German unit in the Italian transport.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

if I buy an Industrial Complex with Germany, it goes off the Adriatic Sea where I can dump boats to help defend Italy.  A Major Complex in Romania sounds great on paper, but I’ve seen it a few times and, in my humble opinion, you are better off getting 10 infantry and walking them down there.  Even better, I think, transports in the North Sea as it lets you threaten North Russia, Leningrad, Scotland and England as well as moving off the coast of France.

Just my opinions and observations.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m