• The Advanced Rule Book says:

“…You can deploy your units anywhere within five hexes of your end of the battle map (half-hexes don’t count)…”

Question 1:

What does it mean ‘within 5 hexes of your end of the battle map’?

a. Does it mean, if we assume that the map is divided in two exact half with a line, you can deploy your units anywhere in your half only but you can’t occupy more than 5 hexes in total? If so, can you deploy on the objective hex if it is in your half, or any adjacent hex of objective?

b. Or does it mean, if we assume that the map is divided in two exact half with a line, you can deploy your units anywhere but not futher than 5 hex away from the your end (your end = i mean first row of full hexes in your end)? If so, you can occupy as much as hexes you want?

c. Or does it mean, you can deploy your units only in hexes at the first row at your end (the futhest away row to the opponent’s end) but can’t occupy more than 5 hexes in total?

Question 2:

What doesn’t mean ‘half-hexed don’t count’? It means you cannot deploy your units only in full hexes including the ones completed with the other end of the map segments, but not in a half hex which isn’t completed, right?

• '18 Customizer

B would be the correct answer to the first question. You may deploy in any hex within 5 hexes of your side of the map. Another method of deployment is to have soldiers and vehicles walking/driving onto the map from your deployment edge. Typically we deploy within 3 hexes or drive/walk on the map.

You are correct in your assumption about half hexes. You can use them for gameplay or not, its your choice. We most often use the half hexes because it enlarges your play area and give more hexes to maneuver on.

Most of the rules are pretty straight forward for this game, its just a few that are a bit awkward. Feel free to ask as many questions as you wish and I will do my best to get them answered.

I assume you have found my card database online to help with army builds and getting the latest revised cards. http://www.aamcardbase.com/search_AAM.aspx

Cheers
    Field Marshall
    aka: Ober (in the AAM forum communities)

• That is a very good database. I use it almost daily. Thanks!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m