• '14 Customizer

This is a turn marker I made for the game.  I guess you could also use it as a random way to pick sides although 3 sides of the die are blank.

• Pretty cool. Looks like a soccer ball. How’d you make it?

• '14 Customizer

Took a d12 and put putty in the numbers then sanded to make smooth sides.  Then painted each side with one of the power’s color and placed a decal on it.  This is the prototype, it would look much better if airbrushed.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Why do you need it?

It looks cool, just wondering about the utility is all.

• '14 Customizer

We use a turn marker on our board and sometimes forget whose turn it was when we take a break.  From pictures this would show whose turn it was on the board.  Its not needed just something we added.

• I like it. When we play we will use a 12 sided die for each country with there color and use the number on dice as the turn number and color for each country placed on turn marker. So we don’t forget when we come back to game on another day what turn and country is playing.

• '14 Customizer

That’s a good idea SS. I like it

• I like it ,too. It shows how much you like the Game cyanight. :-)

• Nice idea.  Out of curiosity, what did you put on the spare facets of the dice?  Or did you just leave them blank?

• '14 Customizer

I left them blank and painted them a dark silver or gunmetal grey :)

I guess that makes sense, I did not factor in leaving the table…is that legal?  I thought you had to play straight through, no potty breaks, no food, nuttin until total global DOMINATION!  :P

• Maybe you could roll it as a free tech dice. At the beginning of each powers turn they roll the dice. If it comes up their symbol they get a break-though (China or France could get a free art).

Could also use it to change out the turn order each round (after the first round of play). Roll the dice at the beginning of each round of play to see who starts the round. The order doesn’t change, just who starts it. So if you roll the Japanese, then that round it goes:

1. Japan
    2. US
    3. China
    4. UK
    5. Anz
    6. Italy
    7. France
      8)Germany
    8. Russia
  • '14 Customizer

Those are interesting ideas WildBill.  I imagine playing this game without a concrete turn sequence would be very interesting.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

It’s an interesting thought, but I think it would shift the balance of the game to favor the Allies. In general terms, it’s best to move early because it gives you an opportunity to build your forces. The game as it stands has the main Axis powers move before most Allies do, an advantage they would lose with a randomized turn order.

• Nice paintwork! Very good job.

I agree with herr about the shift of balance. I think Germany will be ruined if Russia has 2 moves in a row. Likewise, Russia could be ruined if Japan has 2 moves in a row, Japan if the USA has two and so on…

It is a good idea, representing who has the initiative, but it does not fit in the current A&A system. More tweaks would be required to have a changing first player.

Blank Sides:

1. Axis - +6 IPC bid
    2. Allies - +6 IPC bid
    3. Axis + Allies - +6 IPC bid

That might work for your other 3-sides.

As for determining who goes first, I thought it was more like you roll Russia so Russia goes, then Japan, then China/USA, etcetera so basically Germany goes last,  not that Russia would get two rounds that game.  Of course, if it lands on England to go first, the Germans are royally screwed!  That fleet will be indestructible.

• @Cmdr:

(…)I thought it was more like you roll Russia so Russia goes, then Japan, then China/USA, etcetera so basically Germany goes last,  not that Russia would get two rounds that game.  Of course, if it lands on England to go first, the Germans are royally screwed!  That fleet will be indestructible.

Imagine round x has a major power AFTER Russia go first. Germany will still move before Russia.
    Then the round after x (x+1 :P) rolling says Russia goes first. As far as only Russia and Germany goes, this would result in GE-RU-RU-GE over those two turns x and x+1. So Russia moves twice in a row and that may very well screw the German chance to take Moscow (if they even had one), because Russia can place an extra ‘10 INF’ there.

Now that you mentioned the Royal screwing of Germany by England… I think rolling for who goes first always screws Germany in one or another way :cry:. Exept when the die says: Germany first!

Nah, USA going first might not suck too much for Germany more than USA going at any other time.  Since I do not personally see Japan attacking the US round 1 very often, then I cannot imagine too much impact on Italy/Japan either.    But yea, Russia/England going first would REALLY suck for Germany.  Japan going first could be fun though!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m