2nd Edition Pacific 1940 Anzac Cruiser's Name

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

What is the name of the Anzac Cruiser in the Pacific 1940 Second Edition Game?

• Morning JohnBrown.
    PM CWO Marc; he might know.

• See my cruiser identification chart in this thread…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31982.0

…for the answer.

• You tease…

@CWO:

See my cruiser identification chart in this thread…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31982.0

…for the answer.

Thanks for the thread CWO, but the one I’m needing to know about does not look like that one. I know about that County Class. Could the other edition have used the American Portland Class, because it looks more like it than the County Class?

Thanks,

John

• @John:

Thanks for the thread CWO, but the one I’m needing to know about does not look like that one. I know about that County Class. Could the other edition have used the American Portland Class, because it looks more like it than the County Class?

If I understand your post correctly, you seem to be saying that Pacific 1940 2nd edition has been issued in two different versions, each version having a different type of ANZAC cruiser.  I’m not aware that any such alternate versions P40(2nd ed) were ever issued, though of course Krieghund would be in a position to give you official information on that count.  To my knowledge, there’s only been one version of P40(1st ed) and one version of P40(2nd ed).  In the 1st ed, all the butternut-grey ANZAC pieces were simply recoloured version of the British sculpt set in the same edition.  In that edition, the rulebook (as I recall) called the British and ANZAC cruisers the “Kent” class".  In the 2nd edition, Britain got to keep the same cruiser sculpt but ANZAC was given entirely new butternut-grey sculpts, including a cruiser which the rulebook (as I recall) called the “County” class.  The nomenclature can validly be debated because the two ships which were built for Australia were variants of the County class (which, again if I remember correctly) can itself be divided into a couple of subgroups, including the Kent group.  But leaving aside the matter of nomenclature, the issue is what cruiser sculpt designs have been used for ANZAC.  To my knowledge, there are only two types of butternut-grey cruiser sculpts: the British-pattern one from P40(1st ed) and the ANZAC-pattern one from P40(2nd ed).  My cruiser chart shows both the British and the ANZAC cruisers from P40(2).  If your ANZAC cruiser looks like the ANZAC one in my chart, it’s from P40(2nd ed).  If your ANZAC cruiser looks like the British one in my chart, it’s from P40(1st ed).  If your ANZAC cruiser looks like neither one, then I have no explanation.

@CWO:

@John:

If I understand your post correctly, you seem to be saying that Pacific 1940 2nd edition has been issued in two different versions, each version having a different type of ANZAC cruiser.  I’m not aware that any such alternate versions P40(2nd ed) were ever issued, though of course Krieghund would be in a position to give you official information on that count.  To my knowledge, there’s only been one version of P40(1st ed) and one version of P40(2nd ed).  In the 1st ed, all the butternut-grey ANZAC pieces were simply recoloured version of the British sculpt set in the same edition.  In that edition, the rulebook (as I recall) called the British and ANZAC cruisers the “Kent” class".  In the 2nd edition, Britain got to keep the same cruiser sculpt but ANZAC was given entirely new butternut-grey sculpts, including a cruiser which the rulebook (as I recall) called the “County” class.  The nomenclature can validly be debated because the two ships which were built for Australia were variants of the County class (which, again if I remember correctly) can itself be divided into a couple of subgroups, including the Kent group.  But leaving aside the matter of nomenclature, the issue is what cruiser sculpt designs have been used for ANZAC.  To my knowledge, there are only two types of butternut-grey cruiser sculpts: the British-pattern one from P40(1st ed) and the ANZAC-pattern one from P40(2nd ed).  My cruiser chart shows both the British and the ANZAC cruisers from P40(2).  If your ANZAC cruiser looks like the ANZAC one in my chart, it’s from P40(2nd ed).  If your ANZAC cruiser looks like the British one in my chart, it’s from P40(1st ed).  If your ANZAC cruiser looks like neither one, then I have no explanation.

I think my first edition Anzac Cruiser is the Kent Class and the other is the County Class for the second edition. Is this what you were saying?

• @John:

I think my first edition Anzac Cruiser is the Kent Class and the other is the County Class for the second edition. Is this what you were saying?

That’s the most likely hypothesis, using the nomenclature of the rulebooks.

@CWO:

@John:

That’s the most likely hypothesis, using the nomenclature of the rulebooks.Â

Ok, cool, so it is the British Class Cruiser. Good to know!

Thanks again! :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m