Actual rules for A&A Europe 1940, first Edition?

• Hello,

when playing A&A Europe 1940 (i have got first, not second edition), which are the correct rules to play? Are there Alpha Rules for A&A Europe 1940? If there are some, send me a link please.

• Official Q&A

The Alpha rules for the 1st edition are what became the 2nd edition rules, so your only real choices are the 1st and 2nd edition rules.  The 1st edition FAQ can be found here.  The 2nd edition rules and FAQ can be found here and here, and the setup can be found here.

• I see. Is the map identical? Besides using the AA as AAA, ist there anything else I have to consider if I play 2nd Edition with the first edition game?

• Official Q&A

The maps are identical.

As far as physical components go, the biggest change is the replacement of the cardboard AA guns with plastic AAA.  That can be gotten around by placing control markers under the AA guns to indicate ownership.  There were other changes, but they’re all cosmetic (new sculpts for the Italians, etc.), so they’re not going to impact game play.

There were significant changes to the rules.  The areas of biggest impact were politics, AA guns, scrambling, placement of new industrial complexes, strategic bombing raids, and convoy disruptions.

• Fine, so I can choose between both versions. thanks a lot fot the anserwers!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m