• Is it worth buying axis & allies 1942 2nd edition if I have axis &allies 1942 1st edition?

• It’s totally different. The map especially.

• '12

If you liked the first addition get the second.  At first blush the differences don’t look that big, until you play it.  I’ve only played the second version a small fraction of the number of first addition games but only due to a lack of time.  Luckily a friend  bought it and left it at my place when it first came out.  Of course I did buy the other 3 versions of AA our group has access to!

It seems the first game was slanted towards the allies the second game has a slight axis advantage.  Those slants may take several games for you to notice.  I would recommend that if you have a local group you play face to face with to get it, don’t study the forums for what others think but rather just play it in your group.  I love how strategies can change so quickly when feeling out a new game.  What worked the first game might look plain silly in the forth game!  It’s not often you get a change to do that with a new board game so have fun with this one!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m