• Here’s some screen shots of our latest game.  We’re deep into the game, and it was very interesting indeed.  KRF order was given to Italy and Japan turn 1 by Hitler.  German tanks rolled through Russia’s front lines turn 1.  France was hit till it could no longer survive an invasion from Mussolini.  Showing great danger from the South, Churchhill ordered a brave counter attack to the Italian forces in Africa and the Mediterranean.  To do this, he ordered the Indian fleet to split, destroyer went east, and the rest went west to fight Mussolini.  As the Russian onslaught continued, Tojo was weary and never attacked the allies till turn 4.  Anzac saw this opportunity to take the rich money islands and construct a huge air force to stop the Japanese assault that should come.

Hitler saw through Churchill’s plan and gave birth to the Sealion.  Taking London turn 4, Hitler was smug and thought victory was in his hands.  Churchill smiled and laughed, for he had plans to take Rome turn 5.  Hitler was naive, Churchill did follow through on his promise, Rome was his, but Mussolini quickly sent reinforcements to recapture it.  Roosevelt nodding to Churchill’s sacrifice, took this opportunity to invade a weakened Italy.  Japan seeing this destruction of Mussolini alerted her forces and attacked on all fronts turn 4.  Splitting her navy into 3, she took the Philippines,  and reinforced Carolina and Japan with carriers.  Curtin and Roosevelt was ready, ANZAC threw her air-force at the Carolina fleet and sunk it to the bottom of the ocean.  Regrouping, Tojo ordered the protection of Japan at all costs, and the navy came together at Japan.  Roosevelt saw through this plan, and readied her navy from Hawaii to attack the Japanese at her homeland.  The only thing left after the destruction was a damaged Japanese carrier.

Curtin, knowing full well Roosevelt would keep pressure on any of Tojo’s fleet rebuild efforts, took advantage of it’s increased production.  Curtin sending a message to Churchill, “Get me to Greece.”  Churchill was shocked, and after no Anzac deaths on Africa due to his early Italy crush, it was possible!  Churchill ordered the transportation of the Anzac infantry to Greece, and the Anzac force marched north.  Hitler knew it was over.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Lol…

Great write up!

• Are those monopoly pieces?

• @Makoshark13:

Are those monopoly pieces?

Yup!  They make good Major/Minor complexes.  :evil:

• Customizer

It’s weird to have ANZAC forces in Europe, isn’t it? In one of our games a little while back, Japan made a stupid blunder which allowed the US to invade it fairly early (round 3 or 4). With US forces mopping up what was left of the Japanese, ANZAC started building transports, men and tanks and started shipping them west. It took a few rounds, but soon there were ANZACs taking territory from Italy and Germany.

• That was a good write up!!!

Lots of guys in crazy places.  Must have been a fun game!!!

• Customizer

Dark Destroyer,

––I completely enjoyed reading your Intelligence Briefing on your last game. It sounds as if EVERYONE had Fun!  :-D
    ––This is just one of the many reasons that Axis & Allies is such a great game. Strategies are made and countered in a continuing evolution of Fun. I really enjoyed seeing the pics of this wild game, although it reminds me just why I decided to have my map enlarged 150% to 48" x 108".

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Wow Tall Paul, 48"x108". That is one huge game table. Are you lucky enough to have a room dedicated to gaming so it can be left up? Or do you have to tear it down each time you finish a game?

• Customizer

knp7765,

@knp7765:

Wow Tall Paul, 48"x108". That is one huge game table. Are you lucky enough to have a room dedicated to gaming so it can be left up? Or do you have to tear it down each time you finish a game?

––Well, my brother’s is the same size, only in black & white. Mine is in color. He leaves his set-up all the time at the briefing room at his grass strip airport. Being always set-up makes it nice for studying new strategies and/or a quick game.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Hmmm. A “quick” game on a map that size? That doesn’t seem possible to me. Or perhaps your idea of a “quick” game is any game lasting only 2 DAYS or less. hee hee hee.

Seriously, kudos to you and your brother on being able to use a map of that size. I have a dedicated game room of my own, but it is kind of small. It’s a little cramped with just the standard Global 40 game (32"x70"). I would love to get Coach’s big Global 39 map @ 47"x96" but just don’t have the room for that. Maybe someday.

• I love the idea of using monopoly pieces for factories. Based on what I saw, the Hotels were major complexes and the green houses were minor.

But it also looks like you have red houses. What are those. In some you have a red hotel and a red house?

Eddie

• @eddiem4145:

I love the idea of using monopoly pieces for factories. Based on what I saw, the Hotels were major complexes and the green houses were minor.

But it also looks like you have red houses. What are those. In some you have a red hotel and a red house?

Eddie

Those are victory city pieces!  I snagged those from the same place I bought the Combat Dice, Field Marshal Games if I remember correctly.

• TripleA '12

Wait - Hitler gave birth to a Sealion?!

• Customizer

knp & others,

@knp7765:

––Well, several years ago in the first game of Global-40 we played my Dad accidentally dropped some units onto the European area and man was it was a MESS!  :-o We very quickly concluded that the game board was simply TOO SMALL, especially in Europe and that’s when we had the maps enlarged. I can tell you,….it got rid of the congestion, making for a much more enjoyable game as well as looking cool, too.  :-D

“Tall Paul”

• ANZAC conquers all.  At least it does in my games.  ANZAC is to the USA as Italy is to Germany… the secret weapon.
    Ever try the Bielefeldt maneuver?  ANZAC takes Brazil and builds a minor there!

• @robbie358:

ANZAC conquers all.  At least it does in my games.  ANZAC is to the USA as Italy is to Germany… the secret weapon.

I thought about it, but it’s never been done in my games.  Is my sea-zone counting correct, it would only take 2 turns from Sydney to get to Brazil?  It’s interesting to think about anzac building there, if the Japanese lose face and give up the pacific, then they could spend everything over there.  Hmmm… strategy would work best with a heavy German navy, and you need extra cannon-fodder for Gib.

• I had ANZAC take a pro allied Arabia one game. The built an IC and started buying tanks. By the end, an army of Aussies was outside of Berlin.

• Wow this is crazy - Anzac with a minor in the middle east or in Brazil. I really love the idea of the middle east, sometimes Anzac ends up with 25-30 income and with only one minor you end up buying bombers or costly ships, where perhaps 3 tanks/mech inf a turn would be more useful. In any case I see Brazil being more useful to UK or Anzac than the US. I think i’ll try a minor in the middle east in my next live game

• '14 '13

@robbie358:

ANZAC conquers all.  At least it does in my games.  ANZAC is to the USA as Italy is to Germany… the secret weapon.

Damn, I’m going to seriously consider trying this in the next war.

• A1 2 infantry to Java. Fighter to Sumatra. A2 assuming no J2, 2 infantry to India. Fighter to India. A3 land in Pro Allied Persia. A4 Build Minor IC. A5 produce first land units!

Teams up well with a UK IC in Iraq. Troops pour north into Caucasus to stand with Russian soldiers, wherever they might be.

Infrastructure from this site does it frequently against me… actually he’s preparing to do it right now in our league game. It’s a good strategy.

The downside is that Anzac has less money to build navy vs Japan - so I counter by going a little more heavy with Japanese naval and air in the Pacific.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m