• Does anyone feel that the UK NO’s are a bit lackluster? As if they were created as an afterthought. All the other NO’s have a good theme to them and make sense and there are at least a couple for every power, with the exception to China of course. It feels that the UK No’s were just created close to the completion of the game and that they were just thrown in. My play group added a second NO to both UK’s and it is this:

If no United Kingdom (Europe and again for Pacific) territory was subject to a convoy disruption then UK Europe gets an extra 3 IPC. The same applies to Pacific UK. So essentially 1 NO Per UK Economy.

It makes sense to the original theme to the UK, maintenance of the empire, because with convoy disruptions, supplies don’t get to the rest of the empire. This also has some historical significance, for example when the multi national forces of the allies held Tobruk, Australians, British, etc the supplies were shipped in overnight while the German’s had Tobruk under siege. Also this forces all players to become more cognizant of the new Convoy Disruption rule. While 3 IPC may not make much of a difference, it is enough for 1 infantry and that could make a difference after a couple of turns, especially in India. Having another NO for UK makes them feel as though they have a little bit more flavor in this game versus a forward base for an American army to attack Europe.

Any thoughts?

• Just play with the no German sub NO then, minus the Baltic Sea of course.

• TripleA '12

I like your suggestion, aduckonquack. I also feel that the UK’s NOs are a little unexciting.

• Maybe give the UK +5 for at least 1 allied surface warship in the med, basically the opposite of the Italian NO.  Or, give some NO’s for the UK control over some middle-east countries.

• Customizer

@ghr2:

Maybe give the UK +5 for at least 1 allied surface warship in the med, basically the opposite of the Italian NO.  Or, give some NO’s for the UK control over some middle-east countries.

Yeah, I always thought that if Germany and Italy could get $2 for Iraq, Persia and NW Persia, then the UK should be able to as well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m