• Sponsor

America =
    Round #1 - 3 Bombers and 2 destroyers in the Atlantic (London)
    Round #2 - 2 Bombers in Atlantic (London)
    Every round after - 1 Bomber in Atlantic (London)
    every $ after Atlantic bombers goes to the Pacific theater
    Strategy = Bomb German Fleet and German production, support ANZAC Island grab, convoy $20 from 2 sea zones off Japan.

United Kingdom (London) =
    Round 1 = buy 6 men and a fighter
    Round 2 = buy a Bomber in S. Africa and men in London
    Round 3 = buy a Bomber and 2 men in S. Africa and men in London
    Round 4 = buy a Bomber and 2 men in S. Africa and a factory in Egypt, Iraq, or Persia
    Strategy = Protect American bombers from sealion, Bomb Italian fleet and Italian production, Support south west China

United Kingdom (India) =
    Round 1 - Buy 1 Bomber and 1 AA gun
    Round 2 - Buy 1 bomber if possible
    Strategy = Evacuate India round 3 to dominate middle east territories, bomb Italian fleet and production from Syria. Round 1 - Walk AA guns to south China via around Afghanistan.

ANZAC =
    Rounds 1 > 7 - Buy transports and men, factory later for more transports and men
    Strategy = Sacrifice transports to capture and recapture 2 money Islands each turn under the protection of heavy American presence off aussi shores.

Soviet Union =
    Round 1 = buy 9 men, 1 fighter
    Round 2 = buy 9 men, 1 tank, 1 artillery
    Round 3 = 1 bomber and infantry
    Strategy = Hold on for dear life, send AA Guns to north China, bring 6 infantry from the far east to north China, try to stall Germany with select attacks, bomb factories that have been captured.

China =
    Strategy = Hold the road if possible, fall back if not… defend last three territories with large force and wait for AA Guns from India and Russia.

Thoughts ?

• Interesting strategy…

Questions:

(UK India): Why not put AA-guns and some infantry in Yunnan to support the Chinese?

(ANZAC): Do you use the fighters “locally”, or send them to Yunnan/Moscow?

(US): No land/naval units for the European theater? How about some subs for convoying Italy in SZ97?

(Russia): Your reasoning for sending Moscow’s AA-guns to China, is that they can have greater impact in the Chinese theater compared to Moscow?

Thanks for sharing.

• Sponsor

@Munck:

Interesting strategy…

Questions:

(UK India): Why not put AA-guns and some infantry in Yunnan to support the Chinese?

(ANZAC): Do you use the fighters “locally”, or send them to Yunnan/Moscow?

(US): No land/naval units for the European theater? How about some subs for convoying Italy in SZ97?

(Russia): Your reasoning for sending Moscow’s AA-guns to China, is that they can have greater impact in the Chinese theater compared to Moscow?

Thanks for sharing.

I don’t want to risk sending the India AA Guns east because there are many scenarios where the could get cut off. China won’t be ready for that kind of support until they are pushed back to their last territories and Japan is spread out and weak in land forces.

I prefer to use the ANZAC fighters locally.

The point of just bombers in Atlantic is to do something against Germany while hammering on Japan. 1 Transport and a mech will go to Brazil and shuttle 4 units to French West Africa, but the renaming land units will get transported here and there in the South Pacific to help ANZAC apply the rose thorn on the money Islands.

I find that my German opponents take care of Russian units and territories with mostly land forces, while their air units stay back to attack and defend the seas. So I prefer to send them to north China where they are sure to shot at planes.

Cheers.

• Have you tried this strategy yet?

Why continue to build men on London after threat of Sea-Lion is over? Why not more bombers or a factory or two in the Middle-East, given that you’re giving away India?

• Sponsor

@atease:

Have you tried this strategy yet?

Why continue to build men on London after threat of Sea-Lion is over? Why not more bombers or a factory or two in the Middle-East, given that you’re giving away India?

Yes, first round infantry in London, second and third round 2 infantry and a bomber in S. Africa because I’m going to do a 2 transport shuttle between S. Africa and Egypt.

No I haven’t tried this yet, but I’m playing the allies in two different games this weekend, and I wanted to try something new, but also something that might give me a chance to win.

• Alright, then you probably want to be clearer in your strategy, cause you wrote:
    Every round after = 1 Bomber (S.Africa) and the rest in Infantry (London)
    Strategy = Bomb Italian fleet and Italian production

1 bomber and 2 inf in South Africa leaves you around 17-22 IPC to spend for UK. Personally I love the factory on Egypt on turn 2, even on turn 1 if Germany has lost a lot of planes.

• Sponsor

If London is safe with those 7+ American Bombers on it, than I will definitely buy a factory in Egypt.

Sorry, I wrote my strategies late last night, plus my plans keep getting tweeked every time I think about it…. I just edited 1st post.

• @Young:

Round 2 = buy a Bomber in S. Africa and men in London
    Round 1 = buy a Bomber and 2 men in S. Africa and men in London
    Round 1 = buy a Bomber and 2 men in S. Africa and a factory in Egypt, Iraq, or Persia
    Strategy = Protect American bombers from sealion, Bomb Italian fleet and Italian production, Support south west China

I think you’re still tired  :-D no offense!

• Oh and FYI when I get healthy I’d totally like to join you for a weekend of A&A !

• Customizer

YG,

––While buying 5 Bombers for the Atlantic(European) theater is great,…you might find you need some Detroyers in order to bomb any Subs the German player buys. In many of the games my gang plays the German player tries to maintain at least a small Sub force in the Atlantic. Just a thought.

“Tall Paul”

• I agree with Tall Paul.  I am playing a game right now and Germany has 8 subs with a nice airforce to back it in order to hold the US/UK navy at bay.  Nice to see you back YG!!  I thought you quit or something:)

• I am not sure about the specifics of your plan, but the generalities should hold true concerning your idea.

Against a conventional player bombers will throw them for a loop.  I am including a game with Alsch91, a great adversary who unfortunately disappeared.

America built bombers…and more bombers.  See how we use them - similar to your concept.  It was a super tight game and technically isn’t finished, although the AA that got his bomber would have allowed a strafe of his german fleet.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26703.0

• Sponsor

@elevenjerk:

I agree with Tall Paul.  I am playing a game right now and Germany has 8 subs with a nice airforce to back it in order to hold the US/UK navy at bay.  Nice to see you back YG!!  I thought you quit or something:)

Yes… absolutely, I was just contemplating a US1 buy of 3 Bombers and 2 destroyers all in the Atlantic. However, I will need to go heavy in the Pacific afterwards, possibly trading an Atlantic bomber buy for a destroyer or two when needed, but lets face it…. the whole strategy depends on the Pacific Allies making Japan give up.

Yes, good to be back elevenjerk, didn’t quit… on the contrary I’ve been hard at work with the finishing details of my customized table with a couple of new youtube videos coming soon. I have also been working with ambilzi on an awesome global map file, and I am starting to design my own NO and tech card deck. I’ve also been out spreading the word on foot about the upcoming FMG convention in Sept, and lets not forget my ice hockey and ball hockey league games (but I digress).  :|

• Sponsor

@Auswanderersland:

I am not sure about the specifics of your plan, but the generalities should hold true concerning your idea.

Against a conventional player bombers will throw them for a loop.  I am including a game with Alsch91, a great adversary who unfortunately disappeared.

America built bombers…and more bombers.  See how we use them - similar to your concept.  It was a super tight game and technically isn’t finished, although the AA that got his bomber would have allowed a strafe of his german fleet.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26703.0

To be honest, I was hoping everyone would say it’s a bad strategy, don’t do it. epic fail…… but due to the slightly positive cheers, it looks like I’m all in this weekend. If anything, It should be a lot of fun and I will for sure surprise my opponents (they don’t org).

Thanks for your game prints, I will do the first game Saturday blind (weaker player) and then go through your game pages before my second game Monday (strong player). However, no matter what happens in game 1… I’ll be “Bomber Harris” all weekend.

• To be honest, I was hoping everyone would say it’s a bad strategy, don’t do it. epic fail

Hoping for a repeat situation like your G1:)

Gotta say, I have used the G1 since.  About to make a slight change to it but I love it.  I don’t do quite like yours but…. the reason I do it is because I read your posts about it.

I don’t know if your interested but I can send you a couple games so you can see it.  You would have to have triple a of course.  I had one game end very quickly, another that lasted till turn 9 or so, and currently in one that is on turn 9 and the ipc’s are about equal between the axis and the allies.

• Sponsor

Yes, every time I play the axis, I use the G1 plus Cow’s J1…. Haven’t had a reason to stop yet.

I’m not on triple A yet, but lots of friends are bugging me to get on. With everything on my plate (see last post) I won’t be playing online soon.

• Customizer

YG,

@Young:

@elevenjerk:

I agree with Tall Paul.  I am playing a game right now and Germany has 8 subs with a nice airforce to back it in order to hold the US/UK navy at bay.  Nice to see you back YG!!  I thought you quit or something:)

Yes… absolutely, I was just contemplating a US1 buy of 3 Bombers and 2 destroyers all in the Atlantic. However, I will need to go heavy in the Pacific afterwards, possibly trading an Atlantic bomber buy for a destroyer or two when needed, but lets face it…. the whole strategy depends on the Pacific Allies making Japan give up.

Yes, good to be back elevenjerk, didn’t quit… on the contrary I’ve been hard at work with the finishing details of my customized table with a couple of new youtube videos coming soon. I have also been working with ambilzi on an awesome global map file, and I am starting to design my own NO and tech card deck. I’ve also been out spreading the word on foot about the upcoming FMG convention in Sept, and lets not forget my ice hockey and ball hockey league games (but I digress).   :|

––YG, I hope you don’t misunderstand my suggestion as an unsolicited criticism as much as an oversight in your description. I consider you an excellent player and didn’t want to come off as some jerk knocking your plan.

Respectfully,
    “Tall Paul”

• Sponsor

Absolutely not Tall Paul, I posted this half ass strategy so I could put it under the microscope of everyone here, I appreciate your comments and I have taken them into full consideration. The only misunderstanding that we have is you thinking I’m a good player…. LOL.

• Customizer

YG,

––My Dad got it in his head one day that he, the American player, was going to become a bomber baron and obliterate us. I guess he must have watched “12 O’Clock High” or something. My brother was Germany and I was Japan. Anyway, he concentrated way too much on bombers and my brother(Germany) countered by buying several Subs that American couldn’t bomb without Destroyers. Anyway, America wasted a lot of time in trying to counter the German navy unsuccessfully and this allowed Japan to expand, consolidate, and then purchase additional Subs(8) to go on the offense against America in Hawaii and sink the Pacific Fleet! It wasn’t a normal game by any means, though Fun.
    ––IMHO, the most precious commodity in this game is TIME. Once lost you can’t make it up,…especially if you’re the Axis.

“Tall Paul”

• Sponsor

Thank you TP,

When I attempt this strategy this weekend, I will be sure to monator the Uboat situation and react promptly with destroyers.

Here is my reasoning for Bombers instead of fleet.

American fleet off Gibralter…

1 Battleship
    1 Aircraft Carrier, with 2 Fighters
    1 Cruiser
    1 Destroyer
    1 Submarine
    6 Transports
    6 Infantry
    4 Mech Infantry
    1 Artillery
    1 Tank

This force usually won’t clash with the German fleet because it will retreat into the Baltic. It can’t take away Production because the axis Air Force will attack it before it sits in a convoy zone, so it will land in Norway and take away a possible $10 from Germany.

The massive bomber campaign can reach ships and production and it can be done for the same price in units. Bombers will give more attack flexibility IMO. I do agree 100% that these efforts must be followed up with a few destroyers and transports if nessasary, but the plan will also rely on a lot of luck as well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m