• In the new rules for a amphibious assault, i know that no land units can retreat, air units can as long as they are within their flight movement, submarines can submerge, if the sea combat fails other then the submarines submerging, can the rest of the naval units retreat?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, FragDaddy!

Yes, sea units can retreat from the sea battle portion of an amphibious assault, providing there is something left to retreat from (not transports or submerged subs).  If they do, any other units that moved into the territory to be assaulted either by air or overland must still fight at least one round of combat before they can retreat.  Also, transports may not offload after retreating.

• If i am understanding your reply, thank you btw. Transports cannot retreat, i assumed they could retreat to a zone that any ship came from within one movement and the units are now treated as cargo. Additionally, can the subs retreat as well, or do they have to submerge

If there are no hostile units in the adjacent sea zone, do the battleships get to bombard every round of combat?

• Fragdaddy: Krieg meant defending Transports or a defending submerged Sub.
    You can only retreat from a naval battle if the defender still has a Warship in the Sea Zone.
    Attacking Subs can retreat from a naval battle, yes.

Battleships only get one Bombardment, not one a turn.
    Defending units still get to shoot back(not at the Battleship or any other ship).

• In the newer edition rule book that I have, casualties of a bombardment, or combined bombardment with a destroyer, they do not get to return fire. One more question and I will leave you all alone. Do submarines always get sneak attacks ever round of combat, unless of course a destroyer is present.

Now if i can just find someone to play with Im golden. I had the Iron Blitz Edition for XP, but it does not work to well in 7, i even tried vmware with xp loaded and it still would not play correctly.

• Official Q&A

I believe you’re in the wrong forum.  It sounds like you have the Revised edition from 2004, whose forum can be found here.  That would explain the difference in the shore bombardment rules.

Yes, subs get their sneak attack in each round that an enemy destroyer is not present.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m