• I just recently bought a bunch of the old green American infantry from the first/second editions of A&A.  There was a mix of the original flat base guys marked MADE IN HONG KONG and the later inset base guys marked MADE IN CHINA and a mold number.  Mixed in with all of those was a green german….I’ve never seen that before.  Also, he was a flat base piece but was marked MADE IN CHINA.  I’ve never seen that before either.  Has anyone else seen green germans or flat base infantry marked China instead of Hong Kong?

• This thread…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=23386.0

…provides this answer:

In Classic, US pieces were a dark green.  Some games had a mis-mould on the infantry and got US Infantry in German Grey.

In Classic, the German pieces were a medium grey color.  Some games got a mis-moulded infantry in American green color.

• Thank you!  All these years and I had no idea.

• More recently there was the same kind of colour-switch error in Guadalcanal between the US and Japanese cruisers.

I guess you could use your green German infantry piece as representing a special elite Wehrmacht unit of some kind – for instance a mountain troop unit.

• I’m interested in getting some of both the gray US  and the green German infantry.  if anyone has some to sell please contact me.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@CWO:

More recently there was the same kind of colour-switch error in Guadalcanal between the US and Japanese cruisers.

I guess you could use your green German infantry piece as representing a special elite Wehrmacht unit of some kind – for instance a mountain troop unit.

No no…

You use them as an English Speaking 5th column, that can move into/through enemy stacks undetected. :)

• @Gargantua:

@CWO:

More recently there was the same kind of colour-switch error in Guadalcanal between the US and Japanese cruisers.

No no…

You use them as an English Speaking 5th column, that can move into/through enemy stacks undetected. :)

Good idea – this would actually be perfect in the A&A Battle of the Bulge game.  They could represent Otto Skorzeny’s infiltrators!

• @CWO:

@Gargantua:

@CWO:

No no…

Good idea – this would actually be perfect in the A&A Battle of the Bulge game.  They could represent Otto Skorzeny’s infiltrators!

Nice thought! Make for one great game.

• I Got a Set of both Green German’s and Gray American’s  :evil:

• @Panzerfreak:

I Got a Set of both Green German’s and Gray American’sÂ

You’re a lucky fellow.  Congratulations!

• Customizer

Somone on ebay has a set of 1941 green British units. The only reason I havent bought them is due to the fact that the allied units are all the same sculpts and I already have plenty green British units already.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m